New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
you can always return to the days of JimmieB and MitchK that were self gratifying

You know my opinion of Jimmy Buss..
Mitch Kupchak however is a well respected NBA veteran who engineered some interesting trades, among these, Pau Gasol's and the one who would have brought CP3 to the Lakers and would have brought CP3 to the Lakers had the NBA not torpedoed the deal...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You know my opinion of Jimmy Buss..
Mitch Kupchak however is a well respected NBA veteran who engineered some interesting trades, among these, Pau Gasol's and the one who would have brought CP3 to the Lakers and would have brought CP3 to the Lakers had the NBA not torpedoed the deal...

Those were in the days of Dr Jerry Buss. In the past few years he was nothing more than a puppet for JimmieB

Steve Williams

Watched the Lakers blow another one last night against Washington as they were up 14 points only to lose big once again.

The Warriors OTOH are peaking at the right time and after a several game losing streak they have become refocused and look unbeatable as the Warriors of old now with an 8 game win streak

Apparently the team will release an update today about Durant. Hopefully he will be back before the playoffs

I wonder if the Clipps will make it beyond the first round. IMO the team has run its course and needs to be blown up and reassembled for next year. Hopefully Doc will be one or the other position in the organization but not both as he hasn't done what everyone was expecting esp Steve Ballmer with his $2B investment

Steve Williams

The Warriors are truly a great team and barring injuries should win it all. Back to back games with the two best teams in the league. They beat Houston handily last night in Houston. Tonight in San Antonio against the Spurs they get rocked in the first period and were down 15-0 and finally by 22 points in the first. They come back in the 2nd to take the lead and blow out the Spurs 110-98

since their 3 game skid they have won 9 in a row and the bash brothers are on fire. The team seems well focussed as the season winds to an end

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Warriors are truly a great team and barring injuries should win it all. Back to back games with the two best teams in the league. They beat Houston handily last night in Houston. Tonight in San Antonio against the Spurs they get rocked in the first period and were down 15-0 and finally by 22 points in the first. They come back in the 2nd to take the lead and blow out the Spurs 110-98

since their 3 game skid they have won 9 in a row and the bash brothers are on fire. The team seems well focussed as the season winds to an end

Saw highlights of that game and boy, Klay and Curry were smoking the hoop. Red hot, nothing can stop that. Warriors are so lethal in this mode, indeed, hard to see how they would be beaten in a 7 game series. They even have a pseudo DeAndre Jordan in the person of Javale McGee to throw down those alley oops and protect the rim. Once Andre Igoudala gets his past Finals MVP form, which is close to doing now, the team is as solid as a rock, and then you still have to welcome back KD from the injured list. Wow.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bulls beat the Cavs again, sweeping their season series. Now Bulls are in 9th place, 1 game behind the Heat for the 8th spot. These 2 teams are playing very well lately, and if I were the Celtics, I might reconsider wanting the top seed. :D To beat the Cavs, a team has to play flawless offense and not let the Cavs D choke you down. Cavs are doing pretty good on offense. It's just teams get to answer their shots and more to get the win.

Steve Williams

Another outstanding come from behind victory by the Warriors at home tonight vs the Rockets who lead for all but the last few minutes of the game

107-98

Spurs win tonight vs the Thunder who also gave up a large lead

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Another outstanding come from behind victory by the Warriors at home tonight vs the Rockets who lead for all but the last few minutes of the game

107-98

Spurs win tonight vs the Thunder who also gave up a large lead

Amazing how 20 points is not a safe lead these days.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers resign Stephenson, boy do I wish it was indeed an April fools day prank. Alas, scraping the bottom of the barrel and Pacers are heading down the standings quickly. Lottery tickets anyone?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers resign Stephenson, boy do I wish it was indeed an April fools day prank. Alas, scraping the bottom of the barrel and Pacers are heading down the standings quickly. Lottery tickets anyone?

I'm jolted by such a news, Jack, and like you thought it was an April Fools day joke. But jolt no. 2 to me, Larry Legend signed him to a 3 yr $12m deal. No kidding. And jolt no.3, Lance said his coming back to the Pacers is like MJ coming back to the NBA. Well, I have to check out the site, and since it's SB nation, I think it's not a AFD prank.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/1/15146102/lance-stephenson-return-pacers-michael-jordan

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh thank God he was misquoted. He was asked how it would feel for him as he was introduced. They made it out to look like a proclamation. Naughty press!

It can't be denied that both perimeter defense and rebounding should improve (nowhere to go but up from rock bottom) but I am still thinking they will be overtaken for the 8th spot. If the beat Cleveland which looks doable these days they might get in there. I still don't see them getting even two wins a piece from either of the C's.

Steve Williams

wait in line as you're in behind the Lakers

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At least the Lakers are tanking on purpose!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I was very surprised to hear the Pacers signed Lance as well....not as if they don't know what they are getting.

He played for the Clippers a couple of years ago and went fom flashes of brilliance to total incompetence within a matter of moments. Very strange guy.

Hey, maybe he's matured and Bird knows more that we do.

I'm jolted by such a news, Jack, and like you thought it was an April Fools day joke. But jolt no. 2 to me, Larry Legend signed him to a 3 yr $12m deal. No kidding. And jolt no.3, Lance said his coming back to the Pacers is like MJ coming back to the NBA. Well, I have to check out the site, and since it's SB nation, I think it's not a AFD prank.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/1/15146102/lance-stephenson-return-pacers-michael-jordan

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Watching the NCAA Men's Final Four and Gonzaga just beat South Carolina but the game was close. Kudos for the tourney run the Gamecocks made.

North Carolina and Oregon up next. Guess I'll pull for the underdog Ducks. Would be good for two new teams to have a shot at the championship.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watching the NCAA Men's Final Four and Gonzaga just beat South Carolina but the game was close. Kudos for the tourney run the Gamecocks made.

North Carolina and Oregon up next. Guess I'll pull for the underdog Ducks. Would be good for two new teams to have a shot at the championship.

Gonzaga vs NC. I only know Gonzaga because of Celtics' big man Kelly Olynyk, who came from that school. :D NC was the losing finalist last year so this might be their year, considering their powerhouse team history.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Only a handful of games left in the regular season. Cleveland beat the Pacers in 2OTs last night, and close in on the C's who are up by half a game. The East is stronger now than before, and the 8th seed will be no pushover with the Heat, Bull, Pacers and even the Pistons in contention. So it's not really that good to be seeded as number 1 here.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing