New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Interesting series between the Warriors and Rockets.

None of the games have been close - two blowouts by the Warriors and one by the Rockets.

I expected each game to be more competitive.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Amazing how the home court makes the other team so much better shooters. Curry unleashed his great shooting power, and KD became the second weapon, while Harden became the muffled canon. The 2-1 edge by the Warriors is quite comfortable as they play another at home. Getting a road win is the tough part, as in the case of the Celtics. I sent a congratulatory text to my friend in Fremont, CA as he is an ardent Warriors fan as he sent me the same texts on the C's first 2 games. We both have a common mortal enemy. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tough loss by the Warriors as twice they give up a 12 point lead and lose to the Rockets and give up home court advantage. The Warriors were a different team without Igoudala

This is shades of the finals a few years ago when the Warriors were up 2-1 in the finals with the Cavs and lose game 4 and the Cavs beat them in 7 games to win the championship

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Both the Rockets and Warriors played defense tonight.

Warriors held to 12 points in Q4.

Good game. On to Houston for game 5

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watching the game early on, I was thinking GS was going to win this game. But Houston made an incredible 19-4 run and went up by 3 late in the game. Rockets were showing tough defense, a D'Antoni team. Wow. They were clogging the lanes and every man seems to be there when a pass to KD, Klay and Curry comes in, and they were made to take hurried shots. I was surprised too that no timeout was called by Kerr in the last possession that led to a hurried Klay shot which resulted in a foul by Livingston on Paul. KD couldn't get a clean look and the pass ultimately went to Klay who was tightly guarded. Credit to the Rockets, they wanted to win this one, after a loss of 41 points. Only the tough teams can do that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting stat from the Rockets' win. D'Antoni used only 7 players, with his 7th man scoring only 3 points. The 3 starters all scored below 10 points. This to beat a mighty Warriors team. He must be feeling really good. Nene, $30m man for the next 3 years Ryan Anderson, Mbah a Moute (former starter of the Clippers) and Iso Joe Johnson just warmed the bench.

Game 5 is a real challenge for the Warriors title retention bid.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Despite this being the “best game” of the finals it was still a very sloppy game.

Anyone notice Harden barely had the ball 2nd half and they won??

For an amazingly smart team like the Warriors their end of game tactics were terrible. All their shooters crowded into the corner. KD passes it up (with a mismatch???? ) rather than pull up to the foul line for a simple shot and passes to Thompson into a crowded corner with him, Curry and Thompson and then KD comes behind Thompson to crowd him even more. Pretty horrible finish.

I still can’t see the Warriors loose unless KD’s idiotic end of game play spooks him for the remaining games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Despite this being the “best game” of the finals it was still a very sloppy game.

Anyone notice Harden barely had the ball 2nd half and they won??

For an amazingly smart team like the Warriors their end of game tactics were terrible. All their shooters crowded into the corner. KD passes it up (with a mismatch???? ) rather than pull up to the foul line for a simple shot and passes to Thompson into a crowded corner with him, Curry and Thompson and then KD comes behind Thompson to crowd him even more. Pretty horrible finish.

I still can’t see the Warriors loose unless KD’s idiotic end of game play spooks him for the remaining games.

Harden is often regarded as a 'choker', specially in the playoffs. He disappears when it seems he is greatly needed, in the OKC- Heat series, and in the 2015 WCF vs the Warriors. But, this time, he has the luxury of have Chris Paul doing his job down the line, and CP3 is a master of doing that as shown in that unforgettable circus clutch shot in the Clippers/Spurs series a few years back. Game 7 at that. My friend in Fremont texted me after the game and said the Warriors became overconfident. Could be. They never thought the Rockets would come back for a big run a second time after the Warriors did its own big run to have a huge lead in the 4th. Rockets remind me of the old first 5 style of team play, where the first 5 are mostly submerged in the whole game and the 6th man comes in to relieve one guy. Here, D'Antoni used a max of the 7th man, who barely scored 3 points but was the winning margin. How bout that for a threading the needle. D'Antoni is doing a Doc Rivers, but the difference is the Rockets players were not panting, except that Harden was maybe just 'lazy'. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, the Cinderella C's :D might just have their last day of their fairly tale season with a loss tonight, and Oddmaker.com made them a 1-point underdog for this game. They need the luck of the leprechaun, the spirit of Red, and possibly a Willis Reed type entrance from one of their injured players (no I don't mean Kyrie and Hayward but the small water bug shooter Shane Larkin - whose name only a Celtics fan would know) :D Whatever happens, C's have exceeded any sort of expectations with their depleted lineup and we look forward to the next season. Again, this is only uttered by a Celtics fan. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cinderella C's still alive. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And real life Cinderella in rookie Jayson Tatum led the C's in scoring, no hesitation, great steals, good defense, he's gonna have to have more Kobe tapes!

About the difference in home games, I always felt the scene in Q Arena is dark and gloomy and the TD Garden is bright and full of energy. C's got to win in the 'dark side'. The ball is round. Who wants it more. These motley youngster will have to mold themselves to win one more time, and the fairy tale will really come true. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I don't think Danny Ainge would trade Brad Stevens for a 1st round draft pick like he did for Doc Rivers. But I would do that deal if it was available! ;)

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
It was a great win. A different team playing at home

Steve,

I think what you saw last night was Lebron burn out. The guy is just too big, too strong and too muscular to endure the caloric expenditures for a season this long especially when he is playing so much. This is why he had lost muscle weight because his trainers understood why he was continually burning out towards the end of the playoffs. Last night was a perfect example that his body mass is still a factor.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing