New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers are accusing the Lakers of tampering with Paul George apparently based on comments Magic made to the media.

That seems a bit of a stretch to me given that there are lots of comments made by team management during free agency.

Time will tell and one article I read says the Pacers will need a "paper" trail to win this case with the league.

I read that too. Seems like a witch hunt to me.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sources: Cavs, Celtics agree to deal to swap Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ca...wap-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-223024513.html

I am a bit relieved Jayson Tatum's name wasn't mentioned. Well, overall I will be happy with this trade if it gets finalized as reported.

UPDATE: Deal is done. Kyrie for IT, Crowder, Zizic and Nets pick next year. Not bad.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-boston-celtics-deal-including-isaiah-thomas

Wow!!

I don't follow the Celtics enough (Hint: I have hated them since ...well ... forever and since I am Lakers Fan :D)
I do however follow Kyrie and think he's unstoppable. He was one of the reason why the Cavaliers won the year before. True LBJ was his usual out-of-this-word self ... but he could not have done it without the similar greatness of Kyrie who, it seems, no one can stop one on one ... Now Kyrie needs a coach to discipline him a bit but I see only positive for the Celts ...
Suddenly things are no longer automatic for the Cavs in the East .. as for the rest of the NBA they will have to contend with the Curry-Durant Warriors .. A tall order and likely a losing proposition ...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow!!

I don't follow the Celtics enough (Hint: I have hated them since ...well ... forever and since I am Lakers Fan :D)
I do however follow Kyrie and think he's unstoppable. He was one of the reason why the Cavaliers won the year before. True LBJ was his usual out-of-this-word self ... but he could not have done it without the similar greatness of Kyrie who, it seems, no one can stop one on one ... Now Kyrie needs a coach to discipline him a bit but I see only positive for the Celts ...
Suddenly things are no longer automatic for the Cavs in the East .. as for the rest of the NBA they will have to contend with the Curry-Durant Warriors .. A tall order and likely a losing proposition ...

Yes, overall I like the trade. It may not get us over the Cavs next season but the future looks good. IT has hip issues now (may or may not need surgery - he's saying may not at the moment), and IT is going to be a FA after next season and I frown at that possible max contract of 5 years 200 something million deal more than his size and lack of defense against the best PGs out there. I never would have in my wildest dreams dreamed of Kyrie Irving in a Celtics uniform so this is a pleasant surprise indeed. It was said that Ainge was the only one who had a kind of stockpile in talents that could satisfy Cleveland. 1 player for 4 players. Good luck to IT being the off guard with LeBron manning the PG again. :D And Crowder would be the 3 or 4 that LeBron should have occupied. As for the Warriors, somebody out there in the West ought to do the job of dethroning them, like the Rockets, who are not yet done and may still add Melo into their team. And I read somewhere that the team that LeBron wants to be in after next season is New York, not LA. This is one of the juiciest pre-seasons in the NBA as far as I can remember.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Wow! Kyrie to the Celtics! Didn't expect the Celtics to trade Thomas but hard to pass on Kyrie.

Good move for the Celtics and not too bad for the Cavs since they were being held hostage.

I just wish Kyrie would have threatened the Cavs before CP3 went to Houston. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow! Kyrie to the Celtics! Didn't expect the Celtics to trade Thomas but hard to pass on Kyrie.

Good move for the Celtics and not too bad for the Cavs since they were being held hostage.

I think you will be more than happy with Milos :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am hoping that Miloš Teodosi? and Patrick Beverly become a strong duo at the point guard position for the Clips.

In an unrelated matter, I am also hoping that Blake Griffin stops dating Kardashians!!

Kardashians haven't been a good influence on NBA players.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In an unrelated matter, I am also hoping that Blake Griffin stops dating Kardashians!!

Kardashians haven't been a good influence on NBA players.

Not that it matters, but I wonder which K Blake is dating? :D

My son alerted me of something called the 'Kardashian Curse' a few months ago, with Kris Humphries and Lamar Odom as examples. Tristan Thompson and James Harden seem to be 'immune' at the moment, but it's not just limited to basketball... :D

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/03/30...-athletes-dated-sisters-relationships-splits/

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Agreed, Mike. Hard to pass up on a player of Kyrie's caliber. And he's a few years younger than IT too. That surprised me, maybe it's bec of those Uncle Drew views. :D Once the rumors started, I had been silently hoping for Kyrie to come to Boston but my fear was Ainge might give up Tatum, but it's a good thing he didn't do a Rick Pitino. This swap will add a lot of DRAMA when the C's meet the Cavs next season, and more so if they were to meet in Eastern Playoffs. The sportscasters are going to have a heyday whipping up this Kyrie-LeBron fight, I mean series. :D And oh, since LeBron plays any position as he wishes and wants the tougest assignment on defense, he will end up guarding Kyrie. I love this game! :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Agreed, Mike. Hard to pass up on a player of Kyrie's caliber. And he's a few years younger than IT too. That surprised me, maybe it's bec of those Uncle Drew views. :D Once the rumors started, I had been silently hoping for Kyrie to come to Boston but my fear was Ainge might give up Tatum, but it's a good thing he didn't do a Rick Pitino. This swap will add a lot of DRAMA when the C's meet the Cavs next season, and more so if they were to meet in Eastern Playoffs. The sportscasters are going to have a heyday whipping up this Kyrie-LeBron fight, I mean series. :D And oh, since LeBron plays any position as he wishes and wants the tougest assignment on defense, he will end up guarding Kyrie. I love this game! :D

Boston is going to be a serious contender in the East.

Lakers are showing some signs this year but the Celts look good and Kyrie would love nothing netter than to dethrone the King

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics and Cavaliers play against each other on Tuesday, October 17th in Cleveland.

I will be watching that game for sure.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics and Cavaliers play against each other on Tuesday, October 17th in Cleveland.

I will be watching that game for sure.

It will be super. I wonder who will be the villain there? LOL

Which reminds me, I need to contact a rival cable provider as my supposedly trusted cable provided is caught in a legal tussle over an NBA premium channel here. I need to make that 'swap' in time for the games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
On the Clipper fan forums many posters are convinced that West is calling most of the shots behind the scene and that he is being humble when he says he isn't making decisions.

It seems to me that Steve Ballmer is building a strong management team both on the basketball and business sides. That bodes well for the future and is especially refreshing after the Donald Sterling years.

You can't blame West for being nostalgic about his time with the Warriors. The team became champions while he was there.

He's been with two championship organizations, Lakers and Warriors, so I hope he helps point the Clippers in the same direction.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the light of present developments, I now feel that KD should have stayed in Oklahoma. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ex-GM of the Cavs David Griffin had this to say about Irving and the Celtics about 2 weeks ago, and I never really gave it any thought nor attentions. It has come to fruition today.

"Griffin on ESPN:

This is a guy whose list included really good coaching situations – Brad Stevens and Popovich.

The teams on his list – Gordon Hayward in Boston and Kawhi Leonard in San Antonio – he would be accompanying other great players."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-cavaliers-gm-david-griffin-170928208.html

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Right out of the gate I don't expect the Celtics to be Cavs-beaters .. Give them a few months for the chemistry to form, for coaching and management to "feel" their ways ... Kyrie is the kind of player you can build a team around ... Generational player a la LBJ ? No .. Superstar at the Curry, Harding, KD level? Absolutely. The Cavs may have had 4 players but Boston had too many anyway.. PLus the durability of pint-sized players in this very athletic NBA has always been suspect to me ... Add to that Celtics Basketball operations and management, their history and discipline and you have the making of a Patriots-like dynasty up there ... Ohhhhh ! I hate them :D

I still don't see Houston beating the Dubs... I have rarely seen a team with a player with NO defense prevail in the NBA... Can't remember the last one.. With Melo they may have a fighting chance .. OTOH if the Warriors stay intact and healthy and find a way to add a serious back-to-the basket and ring protector center and even with their present roster... they may repeat the Celtics feat of multiple championships year after year. They're that good people!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi

Right out of the gate I don't expect the Celtics to be Cavs-beaters .. Give them a few months for the chemistry to form, for coaching and management to "feel" their ways ... Kyrie is the kind of player you can build a team around ... Generational player a la LBJ ? No .. Superstar at the Curry, Harding, KD level? Absolutely. The Cavs may have had 4 players but Boston had too many anyway.. PLus the durability of pint-sized players in this very athletic NBA has always been suspect to me ... Add to that Celtics Basketball operations and management, their history and discipline and you have the making of a Patriots-like dynasty up there ... Ohhhhh ! I hate them :D

I still don't see Houston beating the Dubs... I have rarely seen a team with a player with NO defense prevail in the NBA... Can't remember the last one.. With Melo they may have a fighting chance .. OTOH if the Warriors stay intact and healthy and find a way to add a serious back-to-the basket and ring protector center and even with their present roster... they may repeat the Celtics feat of multiple championships year after year. They're that good people!

I don't expect the Celtics to be a well oiled machine immediately either. 4 of their starters are gone, and only Horford remains. The first 3 now will be Al, Kyrie and Gordon. I'm guessing Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown will fill up the spots. Now their bench isn't deep at all. One of the Morris twins, Rozier and none that I know of who will be significant. Oh, they have that bruiser from New Zealand. So Ainge still has work to do in polishing the lineup.

The Warriors have assembled one of the greatest offensive forces ever in the NBA. Like who can't shoot in that lineup. Only Zaza, I guess. :D So the problem of other teams is how to lower their point output each game. I read that they has so many FAs this summer yet just about all of them re-signed to make the core intact, with KD even giving up a lot of money to let the core stay. That in itself is a big plus given lots of players these days talking about bringing in a Brinks truck for their mega-deals. It will be very hard to topple them. At this point, almost impossible.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Huh? I don't understand this

Just kidding, Steve. I meant, now that the Celtics got better pieces in Kyrie and Hayward, and in the event that they actually go to the Finals in a year or 3 and face the Warriors, I'd be wishing KD isn't with the Dubs to make them super strong (ie, staying in OKC)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing