New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers lose (again) to the Knicks by 22. Beverly returned and started at point guard but no improvement in play for LAC.

You may be right, Steve. Ballmer won't be happy when the team gets back from this road trip.

I would be a bit sad if Doc gets the ax, and he's as devastated as anyone in the Clippers organization I'm sure. He's still the president and hard to think he'd ax himself. I'm thinking of McHale who was the GM of the Wolves, went down to coach, and the new GM fired him. Now as a total overhaul, the Wolves hired a fired Thibs who is now the GM and coach.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Mark Stein, formerly of ESPN and now the New York Times jumped on the Fire Doc Rivers bandwagon.

"Nine straight defeats, as well as the manner of tonight’s fourth-quarter surrender at Madison Square Garden, will inevitably foist hot-seat
scrutiny on Doc Rivers ... one of only six active NBA coaches to own a championship ring."

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mark Stein, formerly of ESPN and now the New York Times jumped on the Fire Doc Rivers bandwagon.

"Nine straight defeats, as well as the manner of tonight’s fourth-quarter surrender at Madison Square Garden, will inevitably foist hot-seat
scrutiny on Doc Rivers ... one of only six active NBA coaches to own a championship ring."

It's painful to do but I've been saying for years keep him upstairs and find a new young coach who the team can rally around. Doc left the C's because he wasn't interested in rebuilding with youth. I say the time has come and long overdue for a coaching replacement

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I heard Luke Walton asked for a meeting with Steve Ballmer as he's very frustrated with the Ball family, the Buss family feud and Magic Johnson meddling.

Steve Williams

I heard Luke Walton asked for a meeting with Steve Ballmer as he's very frustrated with the Ball family, the Buss family feud and Magic Johnson meddling.

Really

I find that tough to believe . Luke IMO is sitting on the next best team to develop a bunch of rookies behind the Celts. However I do remember Kobe went to Jerry Buss and demanded to be traded. We know how that went

There is dynamic with the Lakers but I thought the Buss family had gone quiet. As for Lavar he's like a fly on the a$$hole of an elephant

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I know it's early but
The Kyrie trade looks like the steal(crime) of the century and I'm being kind.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I know it's early but
The Kyrie trade looks like the steal(crime) of the century and I'm being kind.

When Kyrie spoke after the trade, he said he wanted to 'grow' more with another team. Well, everyone can see that he is indeed growing, or is it the 'mask'? :D He even made Al Horford 'grow', :D the guy can now drive through the middle, and bam - slam it! Al was all Mr. Pop shot and later 3 ball shot, and now the guy seems to have some extra strength in his legs. I think that is 'inspiration'.

As for the 'crime of the century', I read some articles that called Brooklyn's 4 first round picks for KG, Pierce and Jason Terry a top candidate for that category. I can't complain with this or the Kyrie trade. Love them both. :)

Last edited:

stampy

Jan 2, 2016
I don't know about the crime of the century because IT hasn't taken the floor yet for the Cavs. Doesn't matter, Cs look good. Yeah every now and then Al drives to the hoop, it's amazing.

C's could use a utility shooter, like a Marco Bellinelli (sp), to give that second unit a little stability offensively.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't know about the crime of the century because IT hasn't taken the floor yet for the Cavs. Doesn't matter, Cs look good. Yeah every now and then Al drives to the hoop, it's amazing.

C's could use a utility shooter, like a Marco Bellinelli (sp), to give that second unit a little stability offensively.

Ainge still got an $8.4m Disabled Player Exception to add another such player. No rush. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
On my way back from an appointment and innocently turn on the radio in my car.

Instantly I hear that Patrick Beverley, the starting point guard for the Clippers, is out for the season with a knee injury.

When it rains it pours. Looks like a wasted season this year. Waaaaay too early to realize that.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I don't like hockey and my Ohio State Buckeyes football team already has two losses so they are out of the college football playoffs.

Looks like I'll have to do something constructive rather that wasting time following sports. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Clippers beat the Hawks to break the losing streak.

Former Laker Wes Johnson came up big for the Clippers tonight with 24 points.

Steve Williams

Lakers played well against the Clipps last night and IMO should have won the game however the Lakers just can't seem to finish strong and still can't play tough Dee

It will be making of a good cross town rivalry

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I wasn't able to watch the game last night and just saw this morning that the Clippers won the game.

Read that Blake Griffin hurt his knee and had to leave the game. Here we go again.

I remember back in the day when the Clippers had very young teams that they would frequently let games get away at the very end. Young players need to learn how to close out a game. It is frustrating but part of the learning process. Not to worry - they will figure it out. Lot of talent on this Lakers team.

As for the Clippers, the worst case injury scenario is becoming reality. Could become a tank-worthy situation.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OK I 've had it!!!!!! If the Celtics manage to grab M. Gasol they win the East and will be in the Finals for many years ... I will also offcially become a Celtics fan ............. NOT :D

For a while there I almost believed you. :D

I personally cannot see how the C's will pull out that trade, unless they ship out Al which will is not likely. And then, they will have 2 slow moving lumberjacks in Baynes and Gasol, with Gasol at 32 maybe running out of 'gas' during transition plays, no pun intended. C's need somebody, or some 'bodlies' right now as the loss to the Pistons at home last night showed some 'missing pieces'. As the C's fan now say, we now will blindly trust Ainge to make the next big move.

Steve Williams

Turmoil in Memphis. Coach fired over Gasol rift. Now Marc himself is subject to trade rumors.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/3e638ae3-51ce-3066-bfe7-1fba28efdcd3/ss_nba-rumors:-grizzlies.html

For a while there I almost believed you. :D

I personally cannot see how the C's will pull out that trade, unless they ship out Al which will is not likely. And then, they will have 2 slow moving lumberjacks in Baynes and Gasol, with Gasol at 32 maybe running out of 'gas' during transition plays, no pun intended. C's need somebody, or some 'bodlies' right now as the loss to the Pistons at home last night showed some 'missing pieces'. As the C's fan now say, we now will blindly trust Ainge to make the next big move.

He's got $50M left on his contract which at age 32 is somewhat undesirable

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing