Lampizator Komputer Changes

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
You can run the new Linux software on the original Xeon / Supermicro version of the Komputer if you wish to do so. That is the whole beauty of PC based servers - you can update the software anytime you want, replace single components etc. I'm not sure why ?ukasz changed to i7 CPU and regular board - the change may be eaqually well price driven, availability driven (I've read somewhere there are problems with Xeon E3-1240lv3 CPUs supply) or performance driven.

?ukasz offered to send me a replacement SSD with the Linux OS to try, but my system is down at the moment, due to the fact I just sold my speakers. I will try it when I get some interim speakers (my new Magicos S5 mk 2 are 3+ months away).

Just use Audiolinux. That's probably what he's using or something similar.

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) ?ukasz offered to send me a replacement SSD with the Linux OS to try, but my system is down at the moment, due to the fact I just sold my speakers. I will try it when I get some interim speakers (my new Magicos S5 mk 2 are 3+ months away).

You should borrow an old pair of ESL63 - still the best quality for money in speakers if you accept their limitations and an excellent reviewing tool.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
You can run the new Linux software on the original Xeon / Supermicro version of the Komputer if you wish to do so. That is the whole beauty of PC based servers - you can update the software anytime you want, replace single components etc. I'm not sure why ?ukasz changed to i7 CPU and regular board - the change may be eaqually well price driven, availability driven (I've read somewhere there are problems with Xeon E3-1240lv3 CPUs supply) or performance driven.

?ukasz offered to send me a replacement SSD with the Linux OS to try, but my system is down at the moment, due to the fact I just sold my speakers. I will try it when I get some interim speakers (my new Magicos S5 mk 2 are 3+ months away).

Can users building their servers buy this customized version of Linux from Lampizator?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
It must be a new Amanero, not the current one, so not the current Lampizator DACs.

Firmware.

AFAIK,
All the Servers had Linux built in. Its just that the Windows setup was paramount and set as default.

After vacation is over, I will ask about it.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Just use Audiolinux. That's probably what he's using or something similar. This new revelation of enlightenment seems to have coincided coincidentally after sending Wisnon a copy of my tweaked version of Audiolinux.

Hahaha. Dont be silly. I am in Philadelphia and Lukasz seems to be on vacation somewhere without access to internet.

I have not even had a chance to look at your stuff yet. You are being presumptious here.

FYI, Lukasz has been talking about Linux/Dafile for months. I dont know, but suspect that the instability caused by Windows frequent changes and hence support problems may be driving the changes.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Firmware.

AFAIK,
All the Servers had Linux built in. Its just that the Windows setup was paramount and set as default.

After vacation is over, I will ask about it.

So is the hard drive partitioned with Linux on the other partition? I wonder why when he said Linux was terrible sounding? Anyways current owners should be able to find the secret installation easily if it's really there.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Hahaha. Dont be silly. I am in Philadelphia and Lukasz seems to be on vacation somewhere without access to internet.

I have not even had a chance to look at your stuff yet. You are being presumptious here.

FYI, Lukasz has been talking about Linux/Dafile for months. I dont know, but suspect that the instability caused by Windows frequent changes and hence support problems may be driving the changes.

Yeah right, if he was talking about Linux for months, why would he be bashing it on his website? At least don't mention it at all then.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Price has been reduced from the original 5900eur+TAX to the present 4900eur+TAX.
Good!

One thing that worries me a bit is this Lampizator's claim: "All machines will play 256x DSD with the 256 compatible Lampizator DACs".
This is not possible with Linux OS and his DACs.
So for his 4 month old clients, in terms of pure playback frequency, this is going to be a downgrade.
I think he told me that he can play 256 via DoP now and soon "natively" with new Amanero firmware, now that Linux allows DSD256 native playback. I too was surprised to hear this.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I think he told me that he can play 256 via DoP now and soon "natively" with new Amanero firmware, now that Linux allows DSD256 native playback. I too was surprised to hear this.

256 via DoP is unheard of from USB, or anything for that matter.

Last edited:

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
In these terms DSD256 through DoP is perhaps possible on Amanero with a firmware upgrade.
A while back I investigated the possibility of having DSD256 through non-DoP in Linux, but it was not physically possible. That's why I assumed a new USB card.
Let us know if you hear further about this firmware upgrade. In the meantime I will try with my Italian contacts.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
So is the hard drive partitioned with Linux on the other partition? I wonder why when he said Linux was terrible sounding? Anyways current owners should be able to find the secret installation easily if it's really there.

I am not aware of him saying that.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
In these terms DSD256 through DoP is perhaps possible on Amanero with a firmware upgrade.
A while back I investigated the possibility of having DSD256 through non-DoP in Linux, but it was not physically possible. That's why I assumed a new USB card.
Let us know if you hear further about this firmware upgrade. In the meantime I will try with my Italian contacts.
Will do Bibo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing