Great article on "Analogue Warmth"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I don't think you can get better than the R2R machine itself.

Yes, but the R2R machine needs to be played back through a system that is as transparent as possible. And there's the bottleneck. I have no clue how transparent the playback chain is of these industry veterans.

EDIT: O.k., while I wrote this you edited your post with posting their playback system. I'd still have to hear for myself how good it actually sounds.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
What was the first comment you said to me tonight? Telling me I'm inventing rubbish. You sure are 1 sided when it comes to the personal comments. You have been doing it since the beginning of this thread, and then crying if I clairify things in a direct way.

I have not said anything that you have created is "rubbish" - you just said that yourself. I pointed out that anyone could emulate like you could via their computer rather than in an amp. You are incorrect yet again.

You are not clarifying anything but incorrectly interpreting select pieces of information and continuing your incessant inappropriate shilling.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I have not said anything that you have created is "rubbish" - you just said that yourself. I pointed out that anyone could emulate like you could via their computer rather than in an amp. You are incorrect yet again.

You are not clarifying anything but incorrectly interpreting select pieces of information and continuing your incessant inappropriate shilling.

image.jpeg

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nah, chill out.

I don't particularly like Blizzard's tone either. I also find embarrassingly pathetic his totally absurd comparisons with and his facile dismissal of SOTA DAC configurations that he has not heard (duh), and with SOTA analog that he has not heard (duh).

Yet he seems to have contributed useful things that lead to, for example, Madfloyd making a statement like the one that I just linked to. Also, Andrew on the NADAC thread has positive things to say.

What he posts on hqp etc is regular stuff on computer audiophile, presented in a much better fashion with research, experience and details. Of course like any forum you need to wade through trash to her to content

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't think you can get better than the R2R machine itself. Yeah this looks like a pretty crappy system for the testing. I bet those accuton mids and Raal ribbon tweeters in those Evolution acoustics are really clouding up the resolution from the R2R

View attachment 24660
View attachment 24661

Is that evolution acoustics comment purposefully put in to antagonize Mike L to get some more hits on your thread?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I can't be bothered to waste my day arguing with you, Blizz. You should be banned for incessant rudeness and deliberate misconstruing information let alone shilling just like you were banned from CA. Surprised you are still allow to contribute here.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Nah, chill out.

I don't particularly like Blizzard's tone either. I also find embarrassingly pathetic his totally absurd comparisons with and his facile dismissal of SOTA DAC configurations that he has not heard (duh), and with SOTA analog that he has not heard (duh).

Yet he seems to have contributed useful things that lead to, for example, Madfloyd making a statement like the one that I just linked to. Also, Andrew on the NADAC thread has positive things to say.

Al - I agree on the good points.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Is that evolution acoustics comment purposefully put in to antagonize Mike L to get some more hits on your thread?

For 1 I was being scarcastic about the drivers lacking resolution if it wasn't obvious enough, and for 2 I have no idea what Mike has for speakers.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I can't be bothered to waste my day arguing with you, Blizz. You should be banned for incessant rudeness and deliberate misconstruing information let alone shilling just like you were banned from CA. Surprised you are still allow to contribute here.

Your obviously hoping people don't read the content of our exchanges and skip right to your slanderous accusations.

audio-land

Member Sponsor
May 9, 2015
www.audio-land.net

You simply haven't heard enough yourself to make all the exaggerated claims you make, and as a substitute relying on other people's ears is, well, pathetic.

1++

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Your obviously hoping people don't read the content of our exchanges and skip right to your slanderous accusations.

Well if they do that and the result is good for all of us, who cares?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I don't think you can get better than the R2R machine itself. Yeah this looks like a pretty crappy system for the testing. I bet those accuton mids and Raal ribbon tweeters in those Evolution acoustics are really clouding up the resolution from the R2R

View attachment 24660
View attachment 24661

Unfortunately you are doing an abusive and misleading photo assembly of Positive Feedback, using the wrong caption for the photo, involving the names of WBF members, even without properly referring to the source. http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/impressions-the-merging-technology-nadac-mc-8-dsd-dac/

IMHO your bets are going too far ...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Unfortunately you are doing an abusive and misleading photo assembly of Positive Feedback, using the wrong caption for the photo, involving the names of WBF members, even without properly referring to the source. http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/impressions-the-merging-technology-nadac-mc-8-dsd-dac/

IMHO your bets are going too far ...

You mean like he is incorrectly providing ideas from computer audiophile? The NAA and HQP thread there have been running for a couple of years in hundreds of pages

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

There is no slander in anything I have said. You don't like it because it disrupts your shilling.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Your not going to get better vinyl than the master tape the vinyl was made from. . . . So I'm sorry but if vinyl is doing something better than that, it's not coming from anything that was on the master tape the copy was made from. I think this is common sense. And if the vinyl is digitally sourced, it's definitely not better than the digital source.

That is correct, but that was not at issue here. What you incessantly did on this thread was inundate us with indiscriminate allegations of "colorations of analogue warmth" when you haven't even heard SOTA analog.

Please spare us your ignorance.

There is nothing wrong with not having heard SOTA analog, I haven't done so myself until recently (and like you, I remain a digital guy myself, for various reasons). But constantly talking about things that you have no clue of is indeed -- embarrassingly pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing