Bing Crosby Christmas classics

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Wow I can't believe how good this sounds!

Bing.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's a real shame that he was a wife and child-beater, because he had an amazing voice, but I won't listen to him.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
It's a real shame that he was a wife and child-beater, because he had an amazing voice, but I won't listen to him.

Really. I didn't know that. Amazing sound for how old it is though. Do you listen to any of Phil Spector's work?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Really. I didn't know that. Amazing sound for how old it is though. Do you listen to any of Phil Spector's work?

By default, yes. I don't seek out his productions.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
By default, yes. I don't seek out his productions.

He was (is) a real prick. Did you read Keith's Richard's autobiography "Life"? He talks about how bad he was to Ronnie Spector. Horrible man.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I'm guessing "I'll be home for Christmas" wasn't much of a family favorite for the Crosby family :)

Last edited:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
This thread is raising a very interesting question. How much should personal behavior of an artist (or composer) affect whether we listen to his or her music? From my read of music history there were plenty of quite nasty people whose music is beloved by many. On the other hand, there are, I am sure, many wonderful people in their personal lives whose music is not very good. A couple of the nasties come to mind whose music for me overcomes their great personal failings. They are Beethoven and Debussy. You can read about their personal lives in wiki.

Larry

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
This thread is raising a very interesting question. How much should personal behavior of an artist (or composer) affect whether we listen to his or her music? From my read of music history there were plenty of quite nasty people whose music is beloved by many. On the other hand, there are, I am sure, many wonderful people in their personal lives whose music is not very good. A couple of the nasties come to mind whose music for me overcomes their great personal failings. They are Beethoven and Debussy. You can read about their personal lives in wiki.

Larry

I trialed and purchased a month of Tidal.

Then I used it.

Then I read up on the ownership.

Then I came across some lyrics.

Then I cancelled my subscription.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Larry

You never know. Some of the biggest A-holes are people that live secret lives nobody knows about, and people think they are great. Anyone ever see the Cosby show?

Personally, I listen to music that brings me personal enjoyment.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing