Talk about a money grab!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Acoustic Sounds may well find out that the public will tell them to keep the TFTT at that price. IMHO,there is nothing wrong with a company trying to maximize profits, so long as when they get too greedy, the public votes with their wallets. I know that is how I operate.
BTW, Happy Holidays to all.?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Acoustic Sounds may well find out that the public will tell them to keep the TFTT at that price. IMHO,there is nothing wrong with a company trying to maximize profits, so long as when they get too greedy, the public votes with their wallets. I know that is how I operate.
BTW, Happy Holidays to all.?

I agree...companies should try to maximize their profit, but this is a money grab IMO.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Maybe considering what the tape guys are willing to pay for R2R tapes, they thought it was time to adjust their prices too.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John , guy in BC has this 45rpm for sale for 69 canadian

I have dealt with him and goo seller.
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...-2lps-45rpm-d-analogue-prod-200-grams-sealed/

Hi Rob! - Good to know. I have the German Island Pink Label, the AP 33RPM and several Canadian copies, so I'm covered.

John,

IMHO a many grab and maximizing profits are two birds from the same nest, LOL. Too close to call the difference most times.
Have a happy holiday buddy.:)
You too Davey! All the best to you and yours!:D

James David Walley

Jun 16, 2013
Interesting that they chose this title, since their efforts on it have a rather "controversial" reputation amongst many audiophiles. The LP versions had a tape-flutter issue and a number of owners have complained of a run of off-center pressings of the 45 version; their SACD was "sourced from PCM," and some with the proper audio tools for analysis have concluded that the PCM source used was probably no higher than 24/48.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing