Insert Video And Insert Image Icons not working

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Several members today (myself included) have reported that the insert image and insert video icons are not functioning

A service ticket request has been submitted to our site host and hopefully the problem will be rectified shortly.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
09e36f0d8c94f613a17368c3f7a9aa89.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Did you do that by using the button or typing in the tags? The tags work. It is the button that does not.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I used the icons. Works fine on my end.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The button don't work. They did for me yesterday

Good :). That means none of the changes I have found prior to that are responsible. There is one fix that was put in to avoid constant errors were getting that may be responsible. I put that that in the ticket. We could revert back and see if that fixes it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Google Chrome and Windows 10 with last update.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Chrome on Windows 7 is failing on me. IE kind of works.

Do we have any other members on Windows 7 and 10 do this and let us know what happens? It is possible this is a chrome update bug.
I have never updated Chrome. Is it done automatically, because I never received an upgrade notice.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have never updated Chrome. Is it done automatically, because I never received an upgrade notice.

I'm using Safari and none of those three buttons work at my end. They all did yesterday

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I also noticed that the icon to the left of the insert image is also not working at my end
I don't use those icons. I copy the URL and paste it in directly into the reply.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Now you tell us :). That functionality works. But the icons don't. So can you try the icons and see if they work?
Wait, wait....let's not confuse things.

I used the icons for VIDEO and IMAGE and they work fine on my end.
I DO NOT and have never used the INTERNET GLOBE(s) icons to the left of the IMAGE icon. I copy and paste a URL directly.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Chrome automatically let you know for an update; the latest version is: Version 47.0.2526.106 m

From Windows 8.1 and using Chrome:
1. Insert Image => Doesn't work for me. So I do it manually with the: [/IMG*] brackets (without that snowflake* @ the end.
2. Insert Video => I use it but I have to type everything starting with: [url]https://www.etc[/url].

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing