Great LP's and the reason why

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Dear All
I am trying to put together a list of great LP recordings. I am just wondering what other enthusiasts consider to be great RECORDINGS. I emphasize this because it is not about what is your favorite album.
Certain recordings may well capture certain aspects of sound better than other albums. Some may be great for imaging and acoustic venue, others for realism on specific instruments etc.

Please, Please, Please - don't say Pink Floyd, Kind of Blue, and Take 5...

For my part, amongst that those stand out are:

James Brown - Live at the Apollo 2- genuine live feel, and an authentic breathy presence. Captures all that is great about James

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
200 More Miles: Cowboy Junkies
Harry Belafonte @ Carnegie Hall

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Neil Young - Massey Hall 1971 (Reprise)
Aaron Neville - Warm Your Heart (ORG 45 RPM)
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York (ORG)
Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones (MFSL 45RPM)

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
a lonely man-the chi-lites[1972..richness in sound and very nice vocals from Eugene record and his cohorts...dave Brubeck quartet-we're all together again for the first time[1972]talk about cool,this is it and the drum solo from alan dawson is a killer...temptations live[1966]this one puts you front row dead center of one great live performance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing