Name your favorite Oscar Peterson album.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Oscar Peterson Plays Duke Ellington.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Seeing that there are a good deal of Oscar fans here, name your one favorite album.....yes only one:)

Mine would be Night Train.

Night Train is also my favorite. I feel it stands head and shoulders above all the others. Second for me would be We Get Requests and third would be West Side Story.

Ken

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Night Train is also my favorite. I feel it stands head and shoulders above all the others. Second for me would be We Get Requests and third would be West Side Story.

Ken

Night Train was my very first Oscar Peterson album...and i still enjoy listening to it today. I find i listen to the MLPS set more, but nevertheless, i agree there is something very special about Night Train every time we play it.

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
This is my favorite live recording of the Trio. It is available on DSD,

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Face To Face, 1982, Pablo

Best comping of OP's career. The cover of "All Blues" is magical....

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Love Night Train and the MPS box set (and if you love the MPS box set, you need to search out the original MPS pressings!!) but my all time favourite Oscar Peterson album is still one I discovered here at WBF - Nigerian Marketplace. It's still an album I listen to very much more often than any other OP album in my collection.

Nigerian Marketplace.jpg

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Yes. I agree. Clark Terry brought joy with every note he played. Wonderful man.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Oscar was a giant of a man.....

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Stan Getz with Oscar Peterson 3, is another favorite of mine;

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Yes, Ray left us far too soon. I was able to see the great Ron Carter this week at the Blue Note in NYC. It is amazing what great bass players are able to do. Hearing him live was a real thrill.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
So Ron Carter is still going strong. He is one of the last giants.
Come to think of it did Ron ever play a concert with Oscar? I do not think they ever recorded but maybe he subbed once?

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
Another vote for "Live At The Stratford Shakespearean Festival". Love it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing