South East Audio Group (Atlanta)

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hi guys,

In my intro some people stated some interest in starting a South East audiophile group. I am just 30 minutes South West the airport and totally support this! Tell me what needs to be done and I might try to start something official! As I try to become a home owner, my system might be in slight disarray but I found a house with a 20 x 25 music room so that will give me a permanent foundation as I don't think I am moving any time soon!

Best regards,
Stephen

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Stephen. To every audiophile everywhere, there is disarray. There is something to be addressed, something to be upgraded, something to be tweaked...

Yeah, we get that but in the meantime, let's have some folks listen to the progress. Talk about it. Learn something from it. I can guaranty you that you will spend more money. With that said, the money will be spent wisely instead of foolishly because it will be based upon experience of great gear paired together and not reviews.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Let's not forget the social aspect either. You may end up making a new friend or two for life.

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Indeed! I have a couple friends I have made that way! It is also always fun to try other´s equipment in other systems! =D

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Being in a great audio group at the moment and a member of another a long time ago that shall remain nameless, while it is interesting to listen to other systems, to me the best part of such groups is meeting people, chatting and maybe learning of great music you may have missed!

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Hi guys,

In my intro some people stated some interest in starting a South East audiophile group. I am just 30 minutes South West the airport and totally support this! Tell me what needs to be done and I might try to start something official! As I try to become a home owner, my system might be in slight disarray but I found a house with a 20 x 25 music room so that will give me a permanent foundation as I don't think I am moving any time soon!

Best regards,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,
The Audio-Video Club of Atlanta, formerly known as the Atlanta Audio Society, has been around for decades and is a great group. I recommend that you consider attending and joining. I was a member of the AAS back in the 80s when I lived there and have kept in touch with a few of the fellows ever since.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing