jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thanks for posting this !

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I learned a ton and ordered the recording. Hope to have it by the end of the week. Everyone was fantastic. Glad you liked Jfrech!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Not surprisingly, Oscar was right. Sitting here digging Ain't But A Few Of Us Left, Milt Jackson on vibes, Grady Tate on drums, Ray Brown on bass and of course Oscar Peterson on piano. Redbook from Pono. It s staggering how many recordings I have with Ray Bron on bass! This recording sounds damn nice too.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I saw OP at the Hartford Civic Center many years ago.
He sat down and started playing..after a few bars he stood up, faced the audience and said "man you got to get a new piano, this one is horrible" and then sat down and played. Later Joe Pass came on...it was awesome!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Same here. That MPS vinyl boxset is gorgeous! :D

I have 28 CDs of Oscar Peterson...and i am NOT a completist...i got these albums because i really dig Oscar Peterson. And totally agree that MPS set is amazing!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing