Christmas Music

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
There's no section for Xmas music in WBF, so I thought I'd start a thread. I very much enjoy this music. It is happy, uplifting, fun and a whole host of other positive adjectives. My newest acquisition is no exception:

folder2.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I enjoy Christmas music as well, but I'm not a real prolific buyer of it. Most of what I have is on vinyl, but since I'm in a dedicated room it rarely gets played. I need to get some CDs to play upstairs so we can all enjoy it.

I do have the first 4 CD's of A Very Special Christmas and Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas on CD. I'm afraid that's all I have on CD....:(

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Albums I'm partial too and in rotation since last week

The Merry Axemas disc vol1&2
Blue Yule
Chicago xxv
Peace Round - Yellowjackets
Joy of Christmas vol1&2
Rockn'Roll Christmas - Dion
Beach Boys Christmas album
Christmas Adagio - Karajan
Jewel: A holiday collection
Christmas songs - Disna Krall
Chant Noel Benedictine Monks
Christmas interpretations - Boys II Men
Charles Brown's Cool Chridtmas Blues
Roomful of Xmas - Roomful of Blues

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Forgot to add
Silent Nights - Chet Baker
Carols for Solo Guitar - Charlie Byrd

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

Now that's quite a group of very well known Christian singers. I'll be looking to buy that album.

And my favorite Christmas song (not on the above album) is "Mary Did You Know", most recently sung but the winner of The Voice, Jordan Smith.

Here is the performance.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Ux80jK3bI[/video]

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Ron. One album that gets regular play during the holidays is Wintersong by Sarah. We usually kick off the season listening to this album as the family decorates the Christmas tree. It has become a holiday tradition of sorts in this household. Well recorded and beautifully executed album if I do say so myself.

Tom

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Good choice. I have that album. She's one of my favorite pop artists. Wonderful in concert as well.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Carpenter's Christmas is the Christmas morning tradition of my family. It happened to be the what was playing when our eldest opened her own gift for the first time and it stuck. I believe it was taken from the Carpenters TV special.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Bah Humbug!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing