Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Sablon Audio Reserva experience. Affordable S.O.T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Mark has convinced me to replace my stock Cat6a Ethernet cable to my audio room with his more purpose built Reserva one.

As someone not even with a computer audio set up yet, it’s testament to Mark’s quality loom, and his persistence at getting me to prioritise the foundation of the set up ahead of install, that I’m considering this.

The review above is
    1- pretty compelling in its own right, and
    2- totally sums up the benefits I’ve had from the rest of my Reservas/Elites loom

So it makes sense not to hobble my computer audio right at the start.
    I've lurked on here for many years, and don't post much, but I'm excited to see you take the plunge into computer audio. I've seen you withstand the criticisms of others and persevere to do things in your own way and time. I hope it simply makes you listen to more music, which is an irreplaceable part of this madness.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Well Adamaley, I still have misgivings about the whole enterprise, but I canít deny the potential fascinating avenues I could go down.

I may be the only person whoís going down this route while maintaining a cdp, and choosing to actively buy cds (plus lps as well).

For me, Iíd like to see whatís out there, have more ďpartyĒ nights, and see if my listening habits or search parameters change.

And this means not going for an entry level streaming solution that will be embarrassed by my tt and cdp, or a more pricey SOTA solution that I cannot justify on Day One.

I do know that Markís Sablon cables will enhance the whole experience, and so Iím committed to going the Ethernet LAN cable route to, maybe a whole run of 50-60í. Weíll see as I get closer to crunch time.

Re yr decision, I canít speak for the USB and IAN cables, but Iím about to fully complete a Reservas/Elites loom, and I have no reason to doubt youíll be very happy.

I agree that going into it wholeheartedly is the best approach. Loving the sound before tweaks will help you endure the quirks of computer audio. I look forward to learning the components you will be going with (if that hasn't been disclosed on some other thread I may have missed.)

Can I call you Adam?

I think Iím going to settle on something like the Roon Nucleus Plus and T&A Dac8.

Unfortunately my budget is kind of close to zero, so itís not going to happen for a while.

Adam, Iím touched youíre following my non career in computer audio LOL, but absolutely no one else should pay any attention to my frankly uninformed and borderline CA phobic ramblings 😳.
    Last edited by spiritofmusic; 05-04-2018 at 12:42 AM.

My username is my actual last name. I've always enjoyed your musings regarding your systems' evolutions, and I'll enjoy your digital journey just the same.

Mr. Adamaley, thatís v nice of you to say. Iím hoping to kinda get lucky first time of asking re CA.

Listen, this is all seriously off topic, maybe Iíll start (yet another) thread, and you can do your best to help me out 🙂.

Sounds like a plan.

PM sent to you, Mr. A.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910