Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sablon Audio Reserva experience. Affordable S.O.T.A.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Can't get enough of Mark's cooking (Sablon MasterChef).
    Elites pwr cords are just releasing the energy in the low end w'out compromising detail retrieval, mids transparency and high end sparkle and air.
    Just awaiting current pr of Elites to monos and then final pr to my Zu subs.

@spiritofmusic

Shunyata PC’s I’m told are very good, how do you suppose the Sablon’s compare?
    UK Audio Dealer for Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin, fidata, SST, Nord, Vovox, Bybee, Acoustic Revive.

Really can't say.
    I'm not one of these audiophiles who needs to a/b things to death, or make side by side comparisons all the time.
    I'd progressed from Roksan cable in my first system to Argento to Audience to Zu Event, with a smattering of Hovland phono cables too.
    I was very close to investing in Entreq Challenger, and has auditioned Nordost and Acoustic Zen. I'm sure I heard a Transparent once as well.
    Despite many of these cables being impressive in many ways (odd one out Nordost which had no redeeming features in my set up), the original Sablon Panatellas and Quantum Gran Coronas just got this balance of fleshed out tone, saturated but nimble, top to bottom cohesive, and naturally warm, as right as one could want.
    Moving onto the current line of Reservas and Elites (of which I was a beta tester), now we have added linearity and neutrality, and a dead even balance of color and detail.
    Other cables will have their good points of course, but for me it's the balance of attributes of Sablon cbls that make them so irreplaceable in my system.

thank you
    UK Audio Dealer for Mola Mola, Boenicke, Lumin, fidata, SST, Nord, Vovox, Bybee, Acoustic Revive.

Next two Reservas to Elites upgrades winging their way to me, for my monos, to add to the Elite modded pwr cords already on my cdp and pre.
    Additionally an Elite for my Straingauge energiser bespoke psu.
    Next year I compete Elite-ing out my Zu sub amps, and my tt speed controller bespoke psus, and a final change, to my Reserva spkr cbls spades, going to Platinum I believe.

Mark is insatiable. At his strong suggestion Iíve upgraded Reservas ICs to have additional Roswell shielding, and Reservas spkr cbls to have upgraded platinum Oyaides spades.
    Another couple of home runs, not much burn in needed w these.
    A real upswing in sweetness and air.
    My recent Stacore isolation upgrades had taken things on a long way in reducing noise, and these Reservas and Elites are a real complement, since theyíre doing a lot to reduce noise floor as well.
    These recent Sablon changes, just 2 hours into listening, sweetness and air to spare.
    There is no compromise on possible lack of dynamics, all the bite is there, but no edge.
    All the air is there, but no lack of solidity.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar
    Hi,

A few months back I replaced my Nordost Blue Heaven USB cable with he the sablon USB cable, a move which took the whole system up a couple of notches.

This week, I replaced my original Burmester Blu speaker cables with the Sablon speaker cables. However, Mark had customized the cables with double the gauge (7awg) and Oyaide palladium spades to better match my system requirement. I have now had about 15 hours on them so these are initial impressions.
    1) the level of clarity and detail retrieval has gone up considerably. The flow of music was congested before by comparison. It feels like the system has relaxed now with more headroom to spare.
    2) the sound is more forceful now with incredible amount of energy transfer - especially brass sounds more visceral and physical, exactly how they should sound in my view
    3) significant gains in soundstage depth and height.
    4) biggest gains in air and dynamics have gone up a few notches.

Overall, I am loving what these cables have brought in terms of gains and they haven't even broken in yet. Will keep updating.

Cheers

Sujay

Hey Sujay, some other Sablon users on Whatís Best need to chime in. Sablon is seriously under appreciated out there. These cables deserve a wider audience. You can probably tell Iím a fan.
    For all those bemoaning the quite crazy price inflation in high end cables, Sablon is a proper alternative. Iíve owned or auditioned Zu Event, Audience Au24, Acoustic Zen, Argento, Hovland, Entreq Challenger, Nordost, and a few others, and Sablon just gets so many things right to pull well ahead of these, the primary one being the balance between detail and warmth, and now with these recent changes, an amazing balance of air/depth and solidity/tangibility. I canít think of one box the Sablon loom doesnít tick. ďNaturalnessĒ is the bye word.
    Last edited by spiritofmusic; 12-07-2017 at 05:35 AM.

I have had a Sablon reserva elite USB cable for awhile now and it's wonderful. I am looking forward to 2 of the corona reserva elite power cords and a pair of the speaker cables to try out in the coming week.

Richard, youíre in for quite a treat. Iím not a streaming guy, so canít comment on the Reserva USB in my system, but Iíve had ongoing exposure to it in a top digital front end ie SGM server/T&A Dac8, and this front end gets so much analog goodness which I know the USB contributes a lot twds.
    Iíve got much more personal experience of the Elites and Reserva spkr cbls, and what theyíre currently doing to maximise a total sense of flow and ease is quite something.
    Thereís a ready tendency in high end audio to increase detail with a change, but harden the sound at the same time. Not evident w the Sablons. Detail and warmth together, and I really put this down to the Sablons dropping my noise floor substantially to increase audibility of micro detail and cues while maximising the fuller tone of my SETs/tone dense full range spkrs.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast