New German 285,000 Euro turntable. Any takers?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'd say the odds of 'ever' seeing that particular tt actually be built are below 20%. so not zero, but not likely either.

it's just a CAD drawing......

and it happening by next Munich Show are less than 1%. it would have to be 'real' already.......

CAD drawing ? Jeeesh. I thought that might be an actual proto type photo. Seeing will be believing.

Attachments

• cache_52304577.jpg
    cache_52304577.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 501

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
CAD drawing ? Jeeesh. I thought that might be an actual proto type photo. Seeing will be believing.

That's a fantastic cad rendering!

It looks like a photo of the real thing.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Well he does seem to have happy satisfied customers...some with the TT alignment protractor and others with the omnigon phono stage IIRC ...I'm concerned about the dissatisfied customer horror stories. Indeed, I would want to see and hear it. Maybe it will be at the Munich show next year.
I don't know about the protractor but I from what I heard the Omnigon was a dud and the original gang turned around and sold their units as fast as they could! Including Syntax who raved about it here.
david

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I don't know about the protractor but I from what I heard the Omnigon was a dud and the original gang turned around and sold their units as fast as they could! Including Syntax who raved about it here.
david

the Omnigon is still sitting happily in Syntax's system profile.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/698

Not sure why all the cheap shots are directed at Dietrich. He has run his business via distributors for 4-5 years now, so no direct sales.

I know a few people who own his head shell and tone arm and they say they sound better than anything they have owned before. My dealings with him in the past have all been a pleasure with zero problems.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
From what I understand, replaced its replaced with the Lamm LP2
david

You are right David, Syntax purchased the LP2 with the special order 31dB SUT new from me. Afterwards, I spent a few days in Bavaria with Thomas Heisig in his listening room. He told me that the Omnigon, "had its problems;" mainly, dependability and grounding issues. Besides, Thomas said, "the Lamm, it always sounds right, built like a tank...good brain."

Cheers!
ALF

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
From what I understand, replaced its replaced with the Lamm LP2
david

the Omnigon is still sitting happily in Syntax's system profile.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/698

Only, one problem XV-1, as Thomas (Syntax) told me when I was there in Bavaria, it was not his Omnigon, it was a sales promotion (marketing) picture.

Yikes, XV-1, sorry, every picture tells a story...

Cheers Mate!
ALF

LOL. Thomas does have enough analog gear for several phono stages. You make him sound almost corrupt , part of the German HiFi Mafia.;)
I did notice Thomas did not answer a question about how Dieter's cartridge sounded. The question was from one of the cartridges overseas distributor's.

Anyway for me, Dieter has priced himself out of my price range - I would like to hear his tonearm thou.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
All this negative spin (pun intended) may well be irrelevant since anyone with the wherewithal to make such a purchase may likely fly to Germany to check things out, not be reading such forum posts. They are what are disappointing.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Ripoffs

Great statement. If I was to buy something along these lines, I would do almost exactly what I did on my last set of monoblocks. I drove 1000 miles into California, inspected the monoblocks, handed over $$$$$$$$, put them in their crates, and I delivered them to my house. I would fly to Germany, inspect, final payment [only 5% down, if that - if in doubt], and leave with the product. I have had enough overseas [Italian & German] ripoffs.
zz.

All this negative spin (pun intended) may well be irrelevant since anyone with the wherewithal to make such a purchase may likely fly to Germany to check things out, not be reading such forum posts. They are what are disappointing.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
As a self respecting audiophile, I wouldn't be caught dead with a turntable costing anything less than $400,000 Euros, and a limited edition of 22 units (how did they pick 22?) isn't an exclusive enough club. :D

Good. Send a 50% deposit, and I will build you a one-off that will make you wet your pants! ;)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Manufacturing needs expertise, time, experience and money to develop it's not something you put together overnight. Aside from a failed attempt over 20 years ago this gentleman has no background in designing or manufacturing tts yet out of the blue he wants to sell an unproven design, without any marketing, warranty or service network for a fantastically ridiculous sum??? Yeah baby, we know there's one born every minute but they don't usually come with an extra 280,000 euro to blow on a farce!

david

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
david

Thomas @ syntax is using Omnigon . He replaced his Lamm amp with Wavac. I personally heard it after Munich 2015

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
LOL. Thomas does have enough analog gear for several phono stages. You make him sound almost corrupt , part of the German HiFi Mafia.;)
I did notice Thomas did not answer a question about how Dieter's cartridge sounded. The question was from one of the cartridges overseas distributor's.

Anyway for me, Dieter has priced himself out of my price range - I would like to hear his tonearm thou.

A friend of my did a demoed to 3 other persons using Axiom arm comparing Aiwon , Koetsu Coralstone & Ikeda. All of them preferred Aiwon. In my set up , it didn't sound as good & I was told prob SRA adjustment issue . Will prob try it another time & compare it to my koetsu Coralstone again

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Manufacturing needs expertise, time, experience and money to develop it's not something you put together overnight. Aside from a failed attempt over 20 years ago this gentleman has no background in designing or manufacturing tts yet out of the blue he wants to sell an unproven design, without any marketing, warranty or service network for a fantastically ridiculous sum??? Yeah baby, we know there's one born every minute but they don't usually come with an extra 280,000 euro to blow on a farce!

david

After spending an entire decade getting a single design to the point where it is now, I can fully appreciate what you say.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
From what I understand, this design, or the ideas incorporated in this design, have been under development for some time now. It would be great if a prototype were to be demonstrated at Munich and that there was some indication that it is indeed a real project. I think designs which potentially push the state of the art should be encouraged and not so freely criticized. I understand the skepticism given the history, but I do respect some of Thomas' other analog products. It is clear that he is serious about analog and some of the ideas incorporated in this turntable are pretty fascinating. I hope he builds it so that it can be heard.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I predict sales volume of zero on this one. His claims sound like a Ronco Dice-a-matic commercial.

“For those very few serious and curious enough to explore what’s really in the groove…

Imagine ..... the turntable's design based on asking the right questions first - and its construction truely based on drawing the right conclusions.

Imagine ..... a turntable designed purely and firmly on the basis of the clearly defined physical and technical requests of the complete model of the record tracking process.

Imagine ..... a most consequent design. A design where the required form stricly follows the desired function - not economical nor marketing requirements.

Imagine ….. a full bi-radial aero-static true air-bearing. A true 3D-airbearing originally designed for multi-million euro automatic placement machines.

Now for the 1st time implemented in an analog turntable.

Imagine ….. a rotating 110 lbs compound platter. A compound platter made of Delrin, 3 specific alloys, V2a stainless steel and HD18 Tungsten.

Imagine …… a platter with definite energy transfer, internal liquid dampening and a full non-reflective inner architecture.

Imagine …… a platter where the center of mass is exactly in the horizontal bearing axis. Resulting in a perfect resting mass concept of unparalleled stability.

Imagine …… that platter to feature an inertia 38x the inertia of the largest and most expensive turntables in history.

Imagine …… symmetrical double belt and symmetrical double idler-drive both incorporated in one turntable – selectable at your service and disengaging on the press of a button.

Imagine …… the motors driven by pure DC-power.

Imagine …… an unique custom designed air-suspension system. Based on optical table designs, but featuring a most advanced air-spring-capacitor-induction suspension system with a resulting resonance frequency below 0.5 Hz.

Isolating your analog front end from any parasitic vibrations like no other device.

Imagine ……. a resulting isolation from periphery vibrations so complete, it allows you to jump down a chair with full force next to the turntable while the stylus is in the groove - with no impact on the tracking process.

Imagine ……. an unique all-new designed bell-shape down-force-mechanism for the LP. Creating an unique energy-transfer-optimized contact between record and platter.

Imagine ……. a resulting natural dynamic energy transfer that finally puts a real meaning and content to the so often abused phrase of “finite element analysis”.

Imagine ……. a tonearm base to follow the very same principle of energy transfer and the very same complex compound architecture as the turntable’s platter.

A tonearm base more complex and sophisticated in design than most turntables.

Imagine …… up to 4 of these tonearm bases mounted simultaneously on one turntable. Giving the user maximum flexibility and choice of tonearm/cartridge combinations.

Imagine ..... this turntable not being designed and manufactured to serve as a product. But as the most serious attempt to explore to the very last the possibilities of the medium.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I predict sales volume of zero on this one. His claims sound like a Ronco Dice-a-matic commercial.

Don't be so sure Christian, Edit- "People have always been sold sold on Hot Air!" (Ignore original post- "the last guy who came along with a ton of empty promises and nothing but air (pun intended) to back it up with just sold the world to Hot Air :D!")

david

Edit, there's nothing political hidden in this post, don't "imagine" anything on your own, this is just about the tt's advertising materials. Here's the definition of Hot Air and how it relates to my post
http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hot-air

david

Last edited:

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
It will be demoed in HK 3/2016

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing