Blade 2 Product of the year by Stereophile

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if kef were to make a pair from aluminum and charge $50k for them if they would get more looks from the hi end? They sound amazing and don't need a stack of amplifiers to drive them. They should be around awhile.

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
They already did that, it is called the MUON. It's horrendously bad.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I saw the muon at axpona b4 the covid lockdown and they looked like the superbowl trophy, covered in slobber and fingerprints. They were set up in open space with no way for a serious audition due to being set up in the middle of the flow of spectators. The 109 maidstone reference were from the gen 2 uniq

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I've had the Blade 1 for a bit over a year. the other speakers i've had the persona 7f, usher be20dmd and salon 2 are in the blade 2 price but the blade does an amazing job with ambient sounds. The way the blade/2 soundstages allows me to hear background vocals and sounds lost in the mix with other speakers

steve59

Jan 7, 2018

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
haven't been around lately

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing