Streamer to kill the big boys for under $250

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hahahahaha. Amir!

I was speaking directly to Blizz and he iunderstands all this.

MacMini is MM in short on every audio forum.

Besides, I used to work for HP and was fluent in TLA speak!
If you can decipher that, then all props to you.
Of course I can :). I had never heard of that acronym for MacMini.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hehehehe

I guess you know that TLA is a TLA too, right? Talk about circular speak. LoL

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Well, I finally have a Mac that can stand up under the duress of HQplayer upsampling and all the bits and pieces for optical isolation are ordered. I will keep everyone posted....thanks Mike for all the input....(and power supply).

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
Can I come listen when you get everything set up? :cool: :cool:

Well, I finally have a Mac that can stand up under the duress of HQplayer upsampling and all the bits and pieces for optical isolation are ordered. I will keep everyone posted....thanks Mike for all the input....(and power supply).

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I am south of Winston Salem, just down the street from you. I am anxious to hear your results.

Of course. Remind me again where you live? In the generalized hood?

Due to work and young kids, it takes me 10x as long to do anything compared to me peer group....so don't hold your breathe....:rolleyes:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Hi guys,

Please disregard all previous posts regarding Audiolinux. There's now a free version of the HQplayer NAA image for amd64 available from Signalyst. Now that I know this I don't feel right offering an image for sale. Quality should be identical besides lack of airplay support. I will no longer be offering the Audiolinux image, but I will offer support to those who already have it. And for those who don't want to configure the free version yourself, you can buy the Sonore Sonic orbiter SE or the soon to be released Sonore Micro Rendu. Both excellent products, offer NAA/airplay support, and Jesus is a great guy.

http://www.sonicorbiter.sonore.us

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us

Thanks,
Blizzard

Last edited:

chopchopbin

Sep 27, 2015
Mike,

The Sonore will sample DSD 256 and the Linux presently only sample DSD 128? Is that correct?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Please disregard all previous posts regarding Audiolinux. There's now a free version of the HQplayer NAA image for amd64 available from Signalyst. Now that I know this I don't feel right offering an image for sale. Quality should be identical besides lack of airplay support. I will no longer be offering the Audiolinux image, but I will offer support to those who already have it. And for those who don't want to configure the free version yourself, you can buy the Sonore Sonic orbiter SE or the soon to be released Sonore Micro Rendu. Both excellent products, offer NAA/airplay support, and Jesus is a great guy.

http://www.sonicorbiter.sonore.us

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us

Thanks,
Blizzard

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Mike,

The Sonore will sample DSD 256 and the Linux presently only sample DSD 128? Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes I personally haven't tested the Sonore products, but if you're looking for native DSD 256 support for the Lampi with the Amanero, he's likely waiting for the same native DSD Linux patch as I'm waiting for to make it happen.

You can follow this thread for updates on this as they are the ones working on it:

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd

And if anyone who has built the superstream, has compared it to the Sonore products, please share comparison impressions.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Well, thanks to Blizz I finally got my NUC and Roon/HQplayer up and running. Sounds great and what a great interface Roon is. 21st century iTunes.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing