Inroducing Blizzard's Corner-The Unbiased Truth In The Eyes Of Mike Davis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Fellow member Blizzard has made quite a splash here in the past few months regarding his knowledge in the build of audio electronics and speakers. He is certainly effusive, extroverted and never afraid to speak his mind. He has certainly caught our interest. As a result it was felt that Mike's energy would best be served by giving him his own dedicated forum where he will enlighten us with his own current state of affairs. This is a forum where anything can be discussed but as Mike says, "you better come prepared

You can find Mike and his current threads here

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forum...-The-Unbiased-Truth-In-The-Eyes-of-Mike-Davis

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This should be fun (or not). Interesting? Absolutely! :)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
OR.....

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Fellow member Blizzard has made quite a splash here in the past few months regarding his knowledge in the build of audio electronics and speakers. He is certainly effusive, extroverted and never afraid to speak his mind. He has certainly caught our interest. As a result it was felt that Mike's energy would best be served by giving him his own dedicated forum where he will enlighten us with his own current state of affairs. This is a forum where anything can be discussed but as Mike says, "you better come prepared

You can find Mike and his current threads here

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forum...-The-Unbiased-Truth-In-The-Eyes-of-Mike-Davis

Thanks for this Steve. I will think of some interesting topics to start, that with benefit the audiophile community. I'll also have to restore some photo's back into the threads you moved over. I was cleaning up my attachment folder the other day and deleted them all. Sometimes a picture can mean more than 1000 words.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
as I said it won't be free of controversy and rather than having Blizzard intercede in other threads this is an opportunity to keep his ideas in his own dedicated forum. Let's make this a win-win for everyone

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I hope it's a smashing success! :D

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I think a Bio, experience and his reference system would be a great start!!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I think a Bio, experience and his reference system would be a great start!!

I'll work on this. Although my reference system consists of product's I've built 100% on my own. I just sold my last piece of commercial gear, the Resonessence Lab's Mirus. Well I guess I have a modded Eastern electric Minimax plus in the closet. I should probably think about selling it. Great DAC for the price.

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
Mike welcome to your own forum! I look forward to some interesting topics. Please post some pics of your self built system. The start of your business could begin here.

I'll work on this. Although my reference system consists of product's I've built 100% on my own. I just sold my last piece of commercial gear, the Resonessence Lab's Mirus. Well I guess I have a modded Eastern electric Minimax plus in the closet. I should probably think about selling it. Great DAC for the price.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Mike welcome to your own forum! I look forward to some interesting topics. Please post some pics of your self built system. The start of your business could begin here.

+1

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
What's Best in DIY Corner? Good, hope some interesting threads will not be hijacked anymore now...

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Thanks! You can see pictures here of one of the system's :

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-way-possible-to-build-an-active-system/page7

Pictures of the construction process anyways. Not finished pictures. They still aren't completely finished. They are just a 1 off for testing electronics.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I like your listening room; décor simplicity of high space. ...The music, and the people have room to breathe, to expand.

image6.jpg

* Is that a marijuana plant on the left?

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I like your listening room; décor simplicity of high space. ...The music, and the people have room to breathe, to expand.

View attachment 24014

* Is that a marijuana plant on the left?

Thanks. Better sound here than the other rooms. No marijuana, I can't remember what it's called. I'm using it for room treatment:)

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Steve,

You're a genius!

Ken

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
What a great idea. I commend Amir, Mike and Steve for working through the issues to come to this solution, which can only benefit everyone. A real win win.

I'm looking forward to reading this subforum, it will be a real interesting place with Mike at the helm.

I think I may speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate your energy and enthusiasm, and wish only good things for you both here and in your product development.

Steve,

You're a genius!

Ken

Amen.

And Amir. And Mike. What a great outcome to what could have been a short road to a banning. I'm really happy about this.

Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
What a great idea. I commend Mike and Steve for working through the issues to come to this solution, which can only benefit everyone. A real win win.

I'm looking forward to reading this subforum, it will be a real interesting place with you at the helm mate.

I think I may speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate your energy and enthusiasm, and wish only good things for you both here and in your product development.

Thanks

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Thanks. Better sound here than the other rooms. No marijuana, I can't remember what it's called. I'm using it for room treatment:)

Hemp bass traps. An idea that's time has come.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing