Digital copy codes (UV/iTunes/Disney)....can they be sold?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can't seem to determine whether DC codes included when purchasing a Bu-ray can be legitimately sold. Opinion on this is about 50/50, but it's opinion. I've seen nothing anywhere that provides me with a conclusive answer.

If there is anyone here who can provide some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Did a bit of searching and the only thing I could find dated back to 2012 when the service more or less came out. There, a colleague of mine, Jim Burger (who was the attorney for DVD Forum) says it is not legal to do so: http://mesalliance.org/blog/me-dail...-legally-sell-unused-ultraviolet-movie-codes/

He refers to UV license but when I look there, I don't see it a) covering the case when the coupon has come with a disc and b) admonition against the code being resold. It only talks about once you have access to the movie you can't do this and that. But not prior to that: https://www.myuv.com/en/us/terms

I also know studios were aware of people selling these codes when UV was launched but assumed the problem was small enough to not matter.

Of course I am not an attorney and you should not rely on my advice saying it is OK to sell them or not :).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'll be looking @ this Blu-ray section of the forums with more dedication in the near future.

As for digital copies that come with all my Blu-ray movies...online with codes or physical discs included in the package...I don't give a rat axe as I never bother with those.
Besides, they are digital copies made from VHS tapes, @ less than 240 lines resolution! Who in his clear mind would want that! ...The kids aged from 5 to 9 ... that's who.

Pink Floyd has a song: "Leave the kids alone." :b

_______ But yes, I will develop a plan here in this Blu-ray section to inform members on my discoveries...more than this more than films.
I will concentrate on various aspects: technical aspects...visuals and sounds plus much much more.
This is the perfect section for me, and I hope others will find great ecstasy and fulfillment in their Blu-ray world of entertainment.
I need a new direction, a new incentive, motivation to share with others what I don't know and would love to know. ...Way of speech to say that I believe I can contribute.
And not only that, but to make it very interesting and captivating too. ...With fervent passion, dedication and addiction. :b

Why didn't I think of this before!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing