Totaldac D1 vs. Wireworld Platinum 7 USB Cable

Felipe Rolim

May 23, 2017
Brazil
Hello guys. It's my first post here.

Currently, I have a Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB, and I'm interested in an upgrade. Between SOtM dx-USB HD and PS Audio DAC, I have a Wireworld Gold Stalight coaxial cable, so, I think that maintain a digital cable of the same brand will be very positive. I love the sound of the Wireworld digital cables. Besides that, some friends told me that the differences between Wireworld Platinum Stalight 7 and Audioquest Diamond are few, and the choice for one of them depends of the system synergy. By this logic, I want to buy the Platinum, but, now, reading about the Curious Cable and the TotalDAC Cable, I have other doubts.

Is the Wireworld Platinum Starlight BETTER than TotalDAC, but the TotalDAC more SYNERGISTIC than the Platinum? Is the Curious Cable the best of the three?

Sorry for my poor English. I'm from Brazil.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have the same Wire World USB wire. After evaluating it vs a Master Built Ultra USB IMO the Wire World is very bright at the top end. Further in the comparison with the Wire World I was sitting in the rear orchestra but with the MB Ultra I was in the first 3 rows dead center in the orchestra. You should compare. I too used to think there was nothing better than the Wire World but it's easy to hear its shortcomings.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Steve,
Do you have the Silver Starlight or Platinum Starlight Wireworld USB.

Also I know it's probably a bit of a demonic question but what price is the MB Ultra? I'm looking for another USB cable and I have the Platinum so your thoughts are valuable.

Tia
Tao

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Steve,
Do you have the Silver Starlight or Platinum Starlight Wireworld USB.

Also I know it's probably a bit of a demonic question but what price is the MB Ultra? I'm looking for another USB cable and I have the Platinum so your thoughts are valuable.

Tia
Tao

Hi Tao

IMG_5293-1.jpg

Just took this so same cable as you have

If you're sitting, the MSRP of the Master Built Ultra USB cable is $12K for 1.5 meter but I cannot believe how this cable has changed my thoughts about digital in my system

Here are some of my thoughts

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...Steve-Williams&p=449161&viewfull=1#post449161

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Unfortunately I was standing when I read the price... but after I got up again Steve I read your thoughts on these and once again got a glimpse into the experience. If I was on the look for a loom without compromise I'd be putting these on the shortlist to hear for sure. Can definitely get the excitement through you detailing your experiences.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Hello guys. It's my first post here.

Currently, I have a Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB, and I'm interested in an upgrade. Between SOtM dx-USB HD and PS Audio DAC, I have a Wireworld Gold Stalight coaxial cable, so, I think that maintain a digital cable of the same brand will be very positive. I love the sound of the Wireworld digital cables. Besides that, some friends told me that the differences between Wireworld Platinum Stalight 7 and Audioquest Diamond are few, and the choice for one of them depends of the system synergy. By this logic, I want to buy the Platinum, but, now, reading about the Curious Cable and the TotalDAC Cable, I have other doubts.

Is the Wireworld Platinum Starlight BETTER than TotalDAC, but the TotalDAC more SYNERGISTIC than the Platinum? Is the Curious Cable the best of the three?

Sorry for my poor English. I'm from Brazil.

I had several USB cables. I have TotalDac cable which I have replaced with Curious cable. The latter maintains the sweetness of TotalDac but with much more details and articulated bass.

Felipe Rolim

May 23, 2017
Brazil
I had several USB cables. I have TotalDac cable which I have replaced with Curious cable. The latter maintains the sweetness of TotalDac but with much more details and articulated bass.

Excelent! Considering what I readed here, if Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 is in the same leve of quality than TotalDAC USB, but sounding in different way, so, Curious cable is better than both? The price is very attractive!

My friends says that I need an Audience or a Purist, but these brands are very expensive.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Excelent! Considering what I readed here, if Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 is in the same leve of quality than TotalDAC USB, but sounding in different way, so, Curious cable is better than both? The price is very attractive!

My friends says that I need an Audience or a Purist, but these brands are very expensive.

Yes, indeed, the price/SQ ratio is unbeatable!!! I had much more priced USB cables, but Curious has been the perfect match in my system (note which I have TotalDac Reclocker and Dual DAC).

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
I had the WW platinum, tried the TotalDac which was definitely better. But I ended up with the Chord Sarum Tuned Array which was in a different league to both of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing