Musicology of Music Production. Need your ears in sound preferences evaluation

Schallfeldwebel

Nov 12, 2015
Come on guys, I need your golden ears and your state of the art equipment. Here you can load down 16 tracks, 8 pairs of examples, tell what is your preference of each sample pair.

1. answer A or B etc. If you hear no difference answe AB

You may comment your choice, tell if you are a general music listener, musician or involved in prof recording. Tell me also which sample sounds the very best of all, but not of musical reasons but audio sonically.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bumpitbaby!:b

Erik is right just above; WBF is the perfect forum with the perfect clientele in participating/contributing in the latest advancements worldwide in musicology (best classical music quality recordings). ...For all new music generations to come...spread the love, spread the class, spread the classical music under its best light. ...Be part of it. :b

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Do it boys and girls. The music is great so the experience isn't tedious at all. No right or wrong answers.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hi Erik, any news? ...Would love to keep track of your developments and findings. ...I'm a student...so I'm not afraid to learn...the truth. :b

? http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...ces-evaluation&p=359811&viewfull=1#post359811

"If everyone who has been here would have done the survey, it would have been for me a super score. 287 so far, but I received only one response to the survey sofar from this site. If you do the survey quick, it takes you less than 5 minutes, from those who have done the survey, all appreciated the music very much. You guys have probably better equiment to listen over than I have here in my studio, so I am very keen to hear your responses. This is not to test your ears or mine, not to test your equipment, what it is about you can read later when I publish my research but it will surprise you what is happening here. More I cannot say because it will bias you. This is the link to load down for WAV fies http://we.tl/nRqJmihcVz and here www.eriksikkema.com you can find the MP3 samples. Mail to my e-mail address or here on the forum to my PM box."

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Did anyone ever figure out what the actual music was that was sampled, it was really good.
I contacted hi a couple months ago and he replied that life's little moments had away of getting in the way of the final report and reveal but did reply that it would come to fruition eventually.
I just want to purchase the music.

Schallfeldwebel

Nov 12, 2015
Did anyone ever figure out what the actual music was that was sampled, it was really good.
I contacted hi a couple months ago and he replied that life's little moments had away of getting in the way of the final report and reveal but did reply that it would come to fruition eventually.
I just want to purchase the music.

I kept the music anonymus, because I am still writing on my thesis. Mr. professor had some suggestions to add some more paragraphs on listening and brain activity. Since that is not my area of expertise, the thesis writing came to a hold. I am working on it. Thank you for your interest, I will let you know in future. Best Erik

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing