Keith, Yes indeed I ran mine with both the Jadis D60 and 100 Monos

Great speakers

Good Luck

BruceD

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
I've been researching Rockport - can the Atria or Avior do ok on 75-100 tube watts?

Thanks guys
I run mine with 150 wpc SET mono blocs. The Aviors have been demoed at shows with 50 wpc Absolare amps and similar output Nagras. Superb speakers
Pradeep

number95

May 14, 2014
Thanks Ron, that sounds convincing. With speakers of this quality and transparency, its always going to depend on the system, but its good to hear they dont bring any disturbing artefacts of their own....

I have heard Arrakis II, Altair and Aviors, all different set ups, including tube amps and SS. Never felt tweeters were hot, actually tonality was quite neutral, if anything perhaps slightly darker, but presumably that is due to lack of hi freq artifacts. Have a big respect to Rockport. Avoirs are good speakers for money, tonality and ambiance they create are close to Altairs. They are more room friendly than Altairs as well.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
I've been researching Rockport - can the Atria or Avior do ok on 75-100 tube watts?

Thanks guys

They can be ok with 100 tubed watts but the amp needs to have a good damping factor and some, e.g. CAT tube amps have that, many other don't. Also depends on your musical taste and how loud you want to play.
My Aviors once sang beautifully with 25 W SET (single 845 tube) monos but as I like Mahler, they ran out of steam too quickly of course!

number95

May 14, 2014

Thanks guys

I heard Avior with SS, Arrakis and Altair with SET, never felt a lack of power with SETs. Absolare SET with Altair was a marvelous combo.

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
Looking to replace my Genesis 5.2s with the Aviors but have a couple of concerns:
My room is multi purpose and measures 16 x 26 x 9 with sloping ceilings at the front and back of the listening position. We sit on the long wall as do the speakers in front of us.
I sit approx. 13 feet from the speakers and the tweeters are 7 feet apart. Tweeters are three feet from wall behind the speakers. I cannot move them wider or narrower due to other furniture (open workstations on either side).
So, 1. do the Aviors need more space for adjustability? 2. Will they be too large for the room? Bass overwhelming. (Genesis has bass adjustment)
I power the 5.2s with Genesis M60 tube monos. Due to powered woofers, don't need that much power.
3. Would a Coda 15.0 stereo amp mate well with the Aviors?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Looking to replace my Genesis 5.2s with the Aviors but have a couple of concerns:
My room is multi purpose and measures 16 x 26 x 9 with sloping ceilings at the front and back of the listening position. We sit on the long wall as do the speakers in front of us.
I sit approx. 13 feet from the speakers and the tweeters are 7 feet apart. Tweeters are three feet from wall behind the speakers. I cannot move them wider or narrower due to other furniture (open workstations on either side).
So, 1. do the Aviors need more space for adjustability? 2. Will they be too large for the room? Bass overwhelming. (Genesis has bass adjustment)
I power the 5.2s with Genesis M60 tube monos. Due to powered woofers, don't need that much power.
3. Would a Coda 15.0 stereo amp mate well with the Aviors?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff
My room is a wee bit smaller than yours ie 23x14x10 that opens into an identical sized L shaped room that has a HT with a small alcove with a bar. I have a pair of REL G1 subs lurking in the corners behind the Aviors and the bass is not overwhelming. The short answer, your room size is more than adequate for the Aviors. I have no experience of the Coda amp and cannot comment on its suitability etc
In general at 89db the Aviors work well with tube amps with 50 wpc or more.
All the best
Pradeep

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks you

cakeaudio

Jun 8, 2012
Southern California

Thanks guys

Should be fine, which amp are you looking at? I have heard the larger Altair's on 52 watt set amplifiers and it sounded great. I also heard the Avior's on a 100 watt integrated which was also very nice.

I have a pair of Atria's here in Orange county if you want to try them in your home. (We are a Rockport dealer located in California).

Ken

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
I have decided I will be joining the Rockport family.

But also staying with the BW family.

Put a deposit on a Rockport Avior and will be doing so on an 803d3.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have decided I will be joining the Rockport family.

But also staying with the BW family.

Put a deposit on a Rockport Avior and will be doing so on an 803d3.

congrats!

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
I am driving the larger Aquila with the 2060. You will be extremely happy.

Sweetness.. just what I want to hear.

I just helped a friend load up my 802D2... he just bought a great speaker but I'm ready for the next level.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations Joey! We all look forward to your reports!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Very nice speakers :) you will definetly like them. Bouldes will work, but you should consider better amps to get best of the aviors in the long term. Also imho, after avior, upgrading speakers mean 100k, nothing will satisfy easily.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing