New Pangea interconnects from Audio Advisor

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Marty thinks their power cords are excellent, and he has been through quite a few high end PCs

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Excellent products and outstanding price. Wish we had more product like this for the audiophile.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I use their 7 gauge power cords for my amps and they do a very nice job. I compared them to a pair of $6K power cords and there was a difference. The expensive power cords made the overall sound more soothing (not sure that is the correct descriptor), but seemed to curtail the bass very slightly. Anyway, the differences were minor, IMO and definitely not worth the price difference to me! I also use their 14 gauge power cords for my preamp and phono amp. No complaints.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I own 4 or 5. Outrageous values.

Totally agree. They are the David to the big boy Goliaths. They've slayed quite a few Goliaths in my system. I could live with these throughout my system. If everything is a tone control, I would buy these so I could spend my money on tone controls that really count! (i.e. speakers). The names of the Pangea cables are a bit confusing. I am referring to the AC-9SE MkII. They do make a smaller gauge PC (AC-14SE MKII) which might work well in gear that doesn't move a lot of current, but I use the 9SE MK IIs only and have not heard the smaller brother.

I would also recommend another sleeper- Audio Art Power 1 SE Power cable with the following caveats. First, this is NOT their top of the line PC which is the Statement. I wouldn't even consider the Statement because it is a silver plated copper wire and I am not a fan of silver anything. Second, only order the all-copper Power 1SE with Gold-plated Furutech connectors (FI 28 (R), and NOT the rhodium, because rhodium just sounds terrible, at least to me. The Audio Art 1SE with the gold Furutech F28 is a very modestly priced cable that also punches way above its weight. The Pangea and Audio Art PCs are genuine values and are roughly the same price. The Pangea strength is that it uses proprietary Cardas wire whereas the Audio Art probably has better connectors (assuming they are the gold Furutechs). I have not directly compared them head to head as I've been too busy evaluating phono cables lately, but I will get around to it eventually. The best part about either is that Pangea offers a 30 day return and Rob Fritz at Audio Art also says that if you don't like any of his cables, you can return them. Admittedly, I do not know anyone who has done so because they really are quite good. (I can't speak for his interconnects, but only his PCs).
Marty

Last edited:

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just discovered Pangea by accident when looking for a 4.5m headphone extension cable. Just got my first real pair, Sennheiser HD650. Was looking at Cardas, Grado...and then discovered Pangea. Instinctively liked what i read, and went for it. Just arrived and excellent. Very pleased.

Shadowfax

Jul 17, 2014
Southampton-Bucks County PA
I have not tried the ICs but just got 2 AC14 SE MKII PCs for my Pre and CDP along with a PS Audio AC3 for Amp.

I may also get the AC9 (which is 7g) for my APC H15 which feeds the rest.

The overall sound changes were not at all subtle with these 3 PCs in place.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just discovered Pangea by accident when looking for a 4.5m headphone extension cable. Just got my first real pair, Sennheiser HD650. Was looking at Cardas, Grado...and then discovered Pangea. Instinctively liked what i read, and went for it. Just arrived and excellent. Very pleased.

Update...Pangea was good for the money but returned it as there was degradation of the sound...super slight, but hey, this is WBF after all. Went with Cardas. Great result.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Update...Pangea was good for the money but returned it as there was degradation of the sound...super slight, but hey, this is WBF after all. Went with Cardas. Great result.

LOL. It sounds like you are saying the stock cable was better. If so then I'm not sure it is good for the money. A degradation of the sound isn't good for free, let alone 'X' dollars. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
LOL. It sounds like you are saying the stock cable was better. If so then I'm not sure it is good for the money. A degradation of the sound isn't good for free, let alone 'X' dollars. :)

actually no, the Cardas was by far the more expensive cable...the Pangea was the original value-for-money option, but in the end it was not worth it. I went with Cardas which was much better than Pangea and better than stock Sennheiser.

Keithtexas

Jan 4, 2018
So how flexible are the 14 gauge wires? Should I acquire a few of these, they will need to be able to be "wrapped" around to fit into my rack to fit my source components.

The 14 guage is fairly flexible.
I've tried both thought they were just okay, not great.
I'd rather spend more money and get something better.
The AC9 is a beast - and added a LOT (too much) of unrefined bass to my power amp.
Power amp AC cable is arguably on of the most important cables in the system.
Errors caused there can't be corrected downstream.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I'm using Rob Fritz's Audio Art SE-1 cables on my new Jadis amps. These come with the superb Furutech Fi-28R ( YES--Rhodium plugs...which I actually like a lot more than the Gold one's that Marty is suggesting...and the Fi28R's actually cost more to boot). These cables easily beat out a pair of Synergistic Tungsten Elements ( at a few multiples of the price) and also a pair of Cardas Cross cables and even a pair of Shunyata's!! Rob's company also happens to be local for me...so supporting our local vendors also works well for me. Highly recommend the Audio Art cables from Rob Fritz.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing