Vermouth Audio Cables - Best Price to Performance cable

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Hello WBF Members,

I am new to the WBF, but for more information about Believe High Fidelity we have made introductions here and if you plan to attend CES see our system here.

In a market flooded with bold claims of various precious metals, cryo treatments, proprietary shielding and price upwards of 15k per meter..finding just a good solid cable was tough.

I ended up auditioning quite a number of samples and while this line is not the best cable out there out of what I selected for my samples it was certainly the best it in a different way.

Most of what I see as systems grow is investment into beauty when it comes to cables. The higher the price the more elegant the jackets, the more extravagant the terminations, the more boastful the technology....in cables....just cables...lol

So what ended up happening is that I decided on Vermouth Audio to distribute for the simple fact is that the cable lineup sounded 90% of the quality of its peers costing 10X as much. However it has the same build quality and attention to details as the bigger players out there. They don't pretend to be exotic and "Uber" but they offer cable in a way that is unpretentious and just damn good. In an effort to keep it that way we will be going to market direct to customer and no dealer in between. After all it is just cables :)

Pics and build/pricing below.

Black-Pearl-Loudspeaker-Cable.jpg

Red-Velvet-Loud-Speaker-Cable.jpg

BpII-carbon.jpg

View attachment Vermouth spec table.pdf

Last edited:

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Hello, Nice looking cables.

I wonder if you happen to have any actual measured Specs of a completed cable, with connectors attached for the common Resistance,Capacitance,Inductance..etc values that you would be willing to share? I find this information to be of critical importance as a potential customer and without it we are left to a rolling of the dice.

I find it a shame that most of these cable companies choose to not publish ANY Specs let alone with terminations attached in common lengths of offerings. The only ones who do show Specs are the ones not typically considered "Exotic/Hi-Fi" such as Mogami, Canare, Belden..etc which leaves me to believe that a very large number of these "Hi-Fi/Exotic" cable brands are using nothing more then the previously mentioned brands inside a fancy jacket with a few dabs of their own flavour of pixie dust added for price justification purposes.

Don’t take this post the wrong way as I can see your prices are far less obscene then many but if you have any interest in standing out in the sea of cable companies today my advice would be to publish said Specs and if they better the numbers published by the low cost Mogami, Canare, Belden..etc brands you may be seeing allot of $$$ come your way.

Just think, you can then use the fact that you do publish these numbers and your competitors don’t in all your marketing which I'm sure would be more than welcome and create a heck of a buzz on the audio webs. Take all this in combination with your lower then exotic prices and you may just end up with a gold mine worth of new business :)

Good Luck and I look forward to your thoughts on this matter

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hello WBF Members,

I am new to the WBF, but for more information about Believe High Fidelity we have made introductions here and if you plan to attend CES see our system here.

In a market flooded with bold claims of various precious metals, cryo treatments, proprietary shielding and price upwards of 15k per meter..finding just a good solid cable was tough.

I ended up auditioning quite a number of samples and while this line is not the best cable out there out of what I selected for my samples it was certainly the best it in a different way.

Most of what I see as systems grow is investment into beauty when it comes to cables. The higher the price the more elegant the jackets, the more extravagant the terminations, the more boastful the technology....in cables....just cables...lol

So what ended up happening is that I decided on Vermouth Audio to distribute for the simple fact is that the cable lineup sounded 90% of the quality of its peers costing 10X as much. However it has the same build quality and attention to details as the bigger players out there. They don't pretend to be exotic and "Uber" but they offer cable in a way that is unpretentious and just damn good. In an effort to keep it that way we will be going to market direct to customer and no dealer in between. After all it is just cables :)

Pics and build/pricing below.

View attachment 23765

View attachment 23766

View attachment 23767

View attachment 23763

View attachment 23764

Thanks very much for posting. Very nice looking products at attractive prices.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Hello, Nice looking cables.

I wonder if you happen to have any actual measured Specs of a completed cable, with connectors attached for the common Resistance,Capacitance,Inductance..etc values that you would be willing to share? I find this information to be of critical importance as a potential customer and without it we are left to a rolling of the dice.

I find it a shame that most of these cable companies choose to not publish ANY Specs let alone with terminations attached in common lengths of offerings. The only ones who do show Specs are the ones not typically considered "Exotic/Hi-Fi" such as Mogami, Canare, Belden..etc which leaves me to believe that a very large number of these "Hi-Fi/Exotic" cable brands are using nothing more then the previously mentioned brands inside a fancy jacket with a few dabs of their own flavour of pixie dust added for price justification purposes.

Don’t take this post the wrong way as I can see your prices are far less obscene then many but if you have any interest in standing out in the sea of cable companies today my advice would be to publish said Specs and if they better the numbers published by the low cost Mogami, Canare, Belden..etc brands you may be seeing allot of $$$ come your way.

Just think, you can then use the fact that you do publish these numbers and your competitors don’t in all your marketing which I'm sure would be more than welcome and create a heck of a buzz on the audio webs. Take all this in combination with your lower then exotic prices and you may just end up with a gold mine worth of new business :)

Good Luck and I look forward to your thoughts on this matter

I hate to disappoint, but measurement postings will not be finding its way to a theater near you...

If you follow most cable anything it is one of the most debate topics and quickly become heated. So I would imagine this is why the are not readily published as it would then be compared to values of lower price points to the effect "Why would some pay blah, blah , blah when they can get x cable for so much lower blah blah blah"

If you spent some time with my DAC thread I have a philosophy to support the ideology of the manufacturer. Hendry from Vermouth is not a proud individual full of measurements and specs for the world to see. So I go to market with more humility about value and quality than numbers and would just as soon avoid debate since I offer In home trials for US customers to avoid buying something on a "roll of the dice" scenario. I never find cheap cables in expensive systems and when I finally do they are dirt cheap with horrible rooms to match so I have formed no concensus to measurements. From my time as a dealer for Nordost it was always price that drove the initial test and we would always take a few looms to test before any purchase.

Cables make a difference, but at the end of the day there is only so much discussion to be had about it without going nuts.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I have heard these in a system of the Australian Distributor. A clean and transparent sound. I thought they represented excellent value for money. Made in Bali, Indonesia, I understand.

Pretty much spot on! The low overhead of manufacturing is extended to the price point. For what they do and the matching build quality of the big boys it is hard to find better value.

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
I hate to disappoint, but measurement postings will not be finding its way to a theater near you...

If you follow most cable anything it is one of the most debate topics and quickly become heated. So I would imagine this is why the are not readily published as it would then be compared to values of lower price points to the effect "Why would some pay blah, blah , blah when they can get x cable for so much lower blah blah blah"

If you spent some time with my DAC thread I have a philosophy to support the ideology of the manufacturer. Hendry from Vermouth is not a proud individual full of measurements and specs for the world to see. So I go to market with more humility about value and quality than numbers and would just as soon avoid debate since I offer In home trials for US customers to avoid buying something on a "roll of the dice" scenario. I never find cheap cables in expensive systems and when I finally do they are dirt cheap with horrible rooms to match so I have formed no concensus to measurements. From my time as a dealer for Nordost it was always price that drove the initial test and we would always take a few looms to test before any purchase.

Cables make a difference, but at the end of the day there is only so much discussion to be had about it without going nuts.

Fair enough and thanks for your time.

I think the cable mystery would be much less of a mystery if measurements were required to be published across the board for all cable sellers. I'm pretty confident that the differences in sound between the various brands is mostly due to what these elusive measurements would show. Lord knows how damaging it could be if the "Cheap" cable had better measurements so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of such information.

Then again, there are plenty of people with money to burn and give zero shits about the science behind why Cable A sounds different than Cable B so maybe the market will still be what it is either way :eek:

I've said my peace and will leave you alone now. Good luck with the new cable line-up :)

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Fair enough and thanks for your time.

I think the cable mystery would be much less of a mystery if measurements were required to be published across the board for all cable sellers. I'm pretty confident that the differences in sound between the various brands is mostly due to what these elusive measurements would show. Lord knows how damaging it could be if the "Cheap" cable had better measurements so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of such information.

Then again, there are plenty of people with money to burn and give zero shits about the science behind why Cable A sounds different than Cable B so maybe the market will still be what it is either way :eek:

I've said my peace and will leave you alone now. Good luck with the new cable line-up :)

I am in 100% agreement. I see a lot of real talent in engineering with equipment, but aside from the expense of more costly conductors I don't see cables as something I really want to focus a ton of attention on. Pretty hard to geek out over copper...

If there were matched cables to systems I can't see the uber players being as competitive with their products sound wise. However, there are those that just like cables and the look or feel of them and there will always be a market for those folks

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you for this! These product price points are right up my alley. I've been using some similarly priced cables from a guy in Taiwan called Vintage Audio Lab ( several members here have the same cables), and I've been more than pleased with them. I'm very price-sensitive, so companies like Vermouth Audio represent a breath of fresh air for me. I've bookmarked the site for future reference.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Thank you for this! These product price points are right up my alley. I've been using some similarly priced cables from a guy in Taiwan called Vintage Audio Lab ( several members here have the same cables), and I've been more than pleased with them. I'm very price-sensitive, so companies like Vermouth Audio represent a breath of fresh air for me. I've bookmarked the site for future reference.

Glad to hear it.

See? I am not always about 82k DACs :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..but isn't running your Vermouth cables on an $82K DAC akin to putting Uniroyals on a Ferrari? :cool:

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
..but isn't running your Vermouth cables on an $82K DAC akin to putting Uniroyals on a Ferrari? :cool:

Well that is certainly the stereotype right? If it doesn't cost as much it is not at the same performance caliber...

Personally I love me some Uniroyals with my sports cars haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing