Uptone Regen Linear Power Supply

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Hi guys

Has anyone any experience of replacing the standard supply with a decent LPS? If so can you share your findings on any differences found in SQ.

Thanks in advance...

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
For the record, I've just ordered the HD Plex 100W LPS. They have it back in stock and on a Black Friday special: http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-Fanless-Linear-Power-Supply-for-PC-Audio-and-CE-device.html

Sadly, I don;t have experience as both this and the Uptone Regen were ordered based on word-of-mouth. Both aren't here yet. Also, the above LPS has 4 outputs so I will be powering my NAS, switch, router, and Regen with it. Hoping and wishing it makes a difference.

-H

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
For the record, I've just ordered the HD Plex 100W LPS. They have it back in stock and on a Black Friday special: http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-Fanless-Linear-Power-Supply-for-PC-Audio-and-CE-device.html

Sadly, I don;t have experience as both this and the Uptone Regen were ordered based on word-of-mouth. Both aren't here yet. Also, the above LPS has 4 outputs so I will be powering my NAS, switch, router, and Regen with it. Hoping and wishing it makes a difference.

-H

Thanks for the info Hedghog, I've just ordered one, it would be rude not to at that price ;)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Or if you wait, Uptone is planning on releasing an SBOOSTER like product next year. I think it uses the existing SMPS wall-wart to charge their power supply/conditioner which then plugs into the Regen.

I went with HD Plex for cost and multiple outs.

Cheers,
-H

Doak

Nov 29, 2013

-H

Dang! Took delivery of mine a couple of weeks ago. :p
Thought it was a bargain at the $385 price I paid.
At $295 I'd say it qualifies as a "no-brainer."

Also using it with a Regen. The HDPlex at equals or exceeds the performance of the capacitor buffered battery supply I made, and none of the hassle of recharging. HdPlex also powers Auralic Aries and USB hard drive with a 5vdc output left unused. Highly recommended!

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Also using it with a Regen. The HDPlex at equals or exceeds the performance of the capacitor buffered battery supply I made, and none of the hassle of recharging. HdPlex also powers Auralic Aries and USB hard drive with a 5vdc output left unused. Highly recommended!

What kind of improvements did you hear from powering the Aries off the HDPlex supply? I'm using their supplied linear supply.

My REGEN is powered off a Breeze Audio "el Cheapo" supply that delivered a really nice improvement. Just more of the same good stuff I heard from the REGEN.

Doak

Nov 29, 2013
What kind of improvements did you hear from powering the Aries off the HDPlex supply? I'm using their supplied linear supply.

My REGEN is powered off a Breeze Audio "el Cheapo" supply that delivered a really nice improvement. Just more of the same good stuff I heard from the REGEN.

Haven't done A/B testing on Auralic LPS vs HDPlex at this point. What I can say is that I really like what I'm hearing using the HDPlex as previously stated and am in no hurry to put the Aries LPS back in the system. The HDPlex 100 watt LPSU is built like a 10 pound brick and makes the stock unit seem a toy.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Just about to test my HDPlex 200 with Regen. Let's see how this goes. Comparison is against stock PSU.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing