Collection of beef roasts I've cooked on the BBQ

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Blizzards

It looks delicious. I love to do rib eye on the grill. Can you share how you prepare the meat and then how you grill it.

I just do a simple dry rub of Garlic, fresh cracked black pepper, sea salt and on occasion tasty steak spice. I cook them at about 280 for the first few hours (depending on size), and always uncovered, then ramp it up to around 320 for the last 1/2 hour to get a nice crust.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
The lake on the background of the first picture; it looks like Okanagan lake. ...From the Okanagan valley. ...Near the Westbank area.

Yes good guess. It's the view off of my balcony a couple blocks from mission hill winery :) That roast was unreal. Didn't need a knife, you could cut it with your fork :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes good guess. It's the view off of my balcony a couple blocks from mission hill winery :) That roast was unreal. Didn't need a knife, you could cut it with your fork :)

I lived in the Okanagan valley for twenty years. I didn't know you were a BC man. I lived across the lake from you, near Chute Lake, and below right by Paradise Ranch, the winery.
And down by the lake too, Indian Rock. And also in Chute Creek; total inhabitants: one (me). ...And in Naramata for a while, and in Oyama.

Small world; the road from Naramata to Paradise Ranch was the road I enjoyed a lot for many years driving my convertible MGB roadster. ...Serpentine road.
I also worked for a guy living near you, a long time ago. And I was even driving the MGB from Naramata to his place @ 5:00 AM every morning, then another two hours by truck in the back country side. ...And coming back home around 8:00 PM. ...Very long days. Go to bed @ 10 and waking up @ 4. Lol totally exhausting!

Well, I'm glad to have a close neighbor here @ WBF. :cool: ...I say that because where you live is one of the greatest place with some of the greatest people around. ...A valley that I know quite well.

Now back to BBQ; it simply looks appetizing, with a nice bottle of red. ...And finish the evening with a Remy Martin XO and a Cuban cigar, while some smooth jazz album with saxophone and trumpet and acoustic bass and drums is playing on the platine.

You are a cool guy too (I've red a bunch of your posts); you are down to earth, with a lovely wife. You got a view, you eat well, and you love good music. What better place to share than WBF. :b

Cheers,
Bob

P.S. And you know a thing about DACs, and are into diy. :cool:

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Relaxing vista, fine food, couple of bottles of vino, good times:cool:

Perhaps a little longer rest time on chunk of steer #3

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
That first pic is just how I like it done! Perfection! I've really cut back on my consumption of red meat, but I don't think I can hold off any longer! :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Pictures like this are reasons to celebrate being carnivorous species. :D Wonderful cooks Blizzard.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I lived in the Okanagan valley for twenty years. I didn't know you were a BC man. I lived across the lake from you, near Chute Lake, and below right by Paradise Ranch, the winery.
And down by the lake too, Indian Rock. And also in Chute Creek; total inhabitants: one (me). ...And in Naramata for a while, and in Oyama.

Small world; the road from Naramata to Paradise Ranch was the road I enjoyed a lot for many years driving my convertible MGB roadster. ...Serpentine road.
I also worked for a guy living near you, a long time ago. And I was even driving the MGB from Naramata to his place @ 5:00 AM every morning, then another two hours by truck in the back country side. ...And coming back home around 8:00 PM. ...Very long days. Go to bed @ 10 and waking up @ 4. Lol totally exhausting!

Well, I'm glad to have a close neighbor here @ WBF. :cool: ...I say that because where you live is one of the greatest place with some of the greatest people around. ...A valley that I know quite well.

Now back to BBQ; it simply looks appetizing, with a nice bottle of red. ...And finish the evening with a Remy Martin XO and a Cuban cigar, while some smooth jazz album with saxophone and trumpet and acoustic bass and drums is playing on the platine.

You are a cool guy too (I've red a bunch of your posts); you are down to earth, with a lovely wife. You got a view, you eat well, and you love good music. What better place to share than WBF. :b

Cheers,
Bob

P.S. And you know a thing about DACs, and are into diy. :cool:

Excellent! I'm actually from Edmonton, but moved here 3 years ago. We love it! Naramata is one of are favourite places to go for a cruise as well. We have taken the Chute lake road across quite a few times.

The audiophile community is quite strong here as well. There's a few stores in town with high end gear. And of course the headquarters for The ESS Sabre DAC division.

A delicious beef roast, smooth jazz, and a bottle of red wine sounds like a wonderful idea :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Haha!!! I thought I'd seen it ALL on wbf - obviously not! Bon Appetit.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Those are magazine quality preparations. Have you ever entered a contest?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Excellent! I'm actually from Edmonton, but moved here 3 years ago. We love it! Naramata is one of are favourite places to go for a cruise as well. We have taken the Chute lake road across quite a few times.

The audiophile community is quite strong here as well. There's a few stores in town with high end gear. And of course the headquarters for The ESS Sabre DAC division.

A delicious beef roast, smooth jazz, and a bottle of red wine sounds like a wonderful idea :)

Very good mention: Kelowna is the ESS Sabre32 Premier DAC epicenter. ...Designed by Canadians from the Okanagan Valley, right in Kelowna, only few miles from where you live.

The roast beef with jazz and red wine...don't forget the company who you sharing it with...the woman of your life, your sweetheart.

Between the pictures of your BBQs and diy DACs, I'll grab a plate, thank you very much. :b

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Those are magazine quality preparations. Have you ever entered a contest?

No I haven't. But I always get calls when there's a big event to come cook the roasts :)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Very good mention: Kelowna is the ESS Sabre32 Premier DAC epicenter. ...Designed by Canadians from the Okanagan Valley, right in Kelowna, only few miles from where you live.

The roast beef with jazz and red wine...don't forget the company who you sharing it with...the woman of your life, your sweetheart.

Between the pictures of your BBQs and diy DACs, I'll grab a plate, thank you very much. :b

Yes! Feel free to pop by for roast, wine and fine music if your in the area! :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes! Feel free to pop by for roast, wine and fine music if your in the area! :)

Thanks for the invite! :cool:

I'll bring few CDs; you like Adele?

P.S. I have been reading the DAC thread, the Golden Gate DAC one. ...Just reading, without posting...yet. :D
I like the technical stuff best.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing