Collection of beef roasts I've cooked on the BBQ

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Thanks for the invite! :cool:

I'll bring few CDs; you like Adele?

P.S. I have been reading the DAC thread, the Golden Gate DAC one. ...Just reading, without posting...yet. :D
I like the technical stuff best.

I like mostly classic rock, blue, jazz and folk. But I'll listen to anything that sounds good.

Yeah blows my mind how bent out of shape some folks get for simply trying to help them get much better sound out of their gear for cheap.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Here's the plate of food from my first pic roast. I made a rich gravy, and poured it on top of baby smashed potatos from the organic farmer down the hill, and fresh picked green beans seared in a butter garlic sauce, from the same farmer :)

View attachment 23645

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Truly awesome! What a view, what a picturesque enchanteur decor, and what a life with good food while witnessing it all! ...BBQ & snow included.
It is paradise on earth. I can even hear Norah Jones singing in the background.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Truly awesome! What a view, what a picturesque enchanteur decor, and what a life with good food while witnessing it all! ...BBQ & snow included.
It is paradise on earth. I can even hear Norah Jones singing in the background.

Ha ha, it is a nice place :) And speaking of music in the background, they have top artist's at Mission hill in the summer all the time. We can hear them loud and clear just like we are there. Last summer the Wallflowers put on an incredible performance! It was like they were in my yard! He's way better live than on his studio albums. They did a bunch of 60's music. Reminded me like a mix between Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.

Chris Isaak comes quite a bit as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
You actually use your Tec? I bought one for our boat and after using it once, it got retired :). I burned the outside of everything with nothing cooked in the middle...

Really? Maybe you had it up too high. Full blast is only good if you like Chicago style rare. I cook steaks on 3/4 for a perfect medium. You have to be on the ball with this unit, and do a 45-90 deg turn after about 2 minutes. Then you'll get the perfect results like you see in the picture.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What do you use it for that can't be done otherwise? With my charcoal grill I can get very temps yet have room to park meat if it gets out of control or I want it to cook slower. The TEC was very hard to manage.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
IME, higher altitudes help. Blizzard......my hat is off to you sir. You definitely know how to cook some meat. The right way might I add. Very nice sir! ;)

Tom

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
What do you use it for that can't be done otherwise? With my charcoal grill I can get very temps yet have room to park meat if it gets out of control or I want it to cook slower. The TEC was very hard to manage.

Charcoal grills cook good too. What nice about this grill is its 100% infrared. This ensures the meat gets sealed right away, and isn't dried out by convected heat. Its also great because the heat dispersion is 100% even, there's never and flare ups, and not effected by wind. Perfect even temps all around even in a wind storm. This is great because I take it camping and on picnics all the time. Cleanup is also a breeze as everything pretty much turns to ash, and can be scraped off the ceran glass panel into the rear ash tray.

It's not a good all around grill. It's for high temp searing. For slower cooking I have my regular natural gas BBQ, and also my Texas style fire side box unit for smoking, and slow roasting.

One of my favourite techniques is to cold smoke steaks in the side box charcoal grill, then after infusing them with smoke flavour for about 30 mins, toss them on the infrared and sear them at high heat. Your not going to get better than this :)

Good video on the Tec Gsport here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=id1k-pvG0g4

Last edited:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
IME, higher altitudes help. Blizzard......my hat is off to you sir. You definitely know how to cook some meat. The right way might I add. Very nice sir! ;)

Tom

Thank you, I've been cooking roasts since I was 8. I'm a big beef fan. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing