Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Amp/Linestage With Subwoofer Outs

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! dallasjustice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, technically you have a 2 channel system and not 4. You have a few alternatives to add remote control to your system, I'm sure there are a good number of active line stages with dual outputs, you won't find them when searching for 4 channel preamps but 2 channel stereo ones are available. You can also add 4 passive attenuators in line with your amps and use one remote control for all of them.

david
    It's definitely a four channel system.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    It is difficult to imagine a configuration that can't be carried using Devialet's ... Up to 8 units can be daisy chained in digital mode. But creating the 8 SD cards needs a lot of work!
    This one looks amazing.

MUSIC IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjustice View Post
    It's definitely a four channel system.
    In that case the Levinson 53's out, it only a 2 channel stereo (dual mono configuration) preamp with multiple outputs.

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

In that case the Levinson 53's out, it only a 2 channel stereo (dual mono configuration) preamp with multiple outputs.

david
    I read the manual. The 53 would work.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    This one looks amazing.

well, the Nautilus requires a tri-amped system unlike yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Purite Audio View Post
    What about the Mola-Mola Makua?
    Keith
    They cannot. I've talked to Bruno about it already. That was my first choice, of course.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

I read the manual. The 53 would work.
    Actually my mistake its the 52 not 53 which is the amplifier. The 52 is only a 2 channel stereo preamp, a Left & a Right not 4 channels and if this is what you're looking for then you have quite a few less expensive options to choose from.

Name:  Mark_Levinson_No.52_rear_panel.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  132.8 KB

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    well, the Nautilus requires a tri-amped system unlike yours.
    No - a four-amped system! As far as I could see in the configurator the standard Devialet includes the configurable active filters.

I listened to them long ago using a custom Krell active crossover with four heavy stereo Krell amplifiers.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT, Lamm M1.2R, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

Actually my mistake its the 52 not 53 which is the amplifier. The 52 is only a 2 channel stereo preamp, a Left & a Right not 4 channels and if this is what you're looking for then you have quite a few less expensive options to choose from.

Name:  Mark_Levinson_No.52_rear_panel.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  132.8 KB

david
    It does 4 channels. Check out the manual which addresses the aux out. It is designed for my application. There really aren't many other options other than home theater pres and custom tvc like music first. I do think the devialet looks appealing but that would require a bigger system change.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

It does 4 channels. Check out the manual which addresses the aux out. It is designed for my application. There really aren't many other options other than home theater pres and custom tvc like music first. I do think the devialet looks appealing but that would require a bigger system change.
    I'm just trying to help Michael, not looking to score points or argue. Levinson's own description tells you what it is; dual mono means just that, 2 channels and not 4. How do you go from 1L & 1R input to 4 channels output? Its still the same 2 channels, L & R coming out of multiple outputs, nothing more. The Aux in/out feature is like a glorified tape loop that many other preamps also have.

david

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast