Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luxman EQ-500

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Congrats, the Pass XP-25 is a great phono stage. I owned one til just recently.
    Thanks XV-1.
    i was just read your Thales thread! magnificent arm! the local dealer is a dear friend of mine so i am familiar with their work.
    i also see that you've got a less then shay Carts collection.
    i am at a crossroad regarding a new cart.
    im thinking about the ortofon A95...
    Speakers:Magico S3MK2
    Preamp: E.A.R 912
    Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown - XLR & RCA
    Power:Furutech,Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    2nd-TT:Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2
    1ST-TTTechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicty II/Ortofon DS212D (on order)
    Carts':Zyx r1000 airy3 sb, Ortofon Anna, DS audio 002, Orotofon Synergy (on order)
    Phono: CH Precision - P1
    Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference
    Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    Thanks XV-1.
    i was just read your Thales thread! magnificent arm! the local dealer is a dear friend of mine so i am familiar with their work.
    i also see that you've got a less then shay Carts collection.
    i am at a crossroad regarding a new cart.
    im thinking about the ortofon A95...
    thanks. I really love the Thales tonearm.

You are not going with the new Acoustical Systems Palladian cartridge? Has very good user reports.
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    thanks. I really love the Thales tonearm.

You are not going with the new Acoustical Systems Palladian cartridge? Has very good user reports.
    it was on my list but i prefer to go search elsewhere for now.
    i got every respect for A.S - the Aquilar and the Archon are great match! and very fine product!
    Speakers:Magico S3MK2
    Preamp: E.A.R 912
    Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown - XLR & RCA
    Power:Furutech,Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    2nd-TT:Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2
    1ST-TTTechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicty II/Ortofon DS212D (on order)
    Carts':Zyx r1000 airy3 sb, Ortofon Anna, DS audio 002, Orotofon Synergy (on order)
    Phono: CH Precision - P1
    Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference
    Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Uk Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    Hi Paul.
    i did bought the eq500 eventually but already flip it since then for a PASS XP25
    the Luxman IS a great phono stage and i am enjoy it a lot when i visit the local Luxman dealer and a few friends that bought it after me.
    it was a little less exciting and dynamic at my place (due to a less fitting with my tubes pre amp) so i turn it back and got the PASS instead.
    the xp25 have everything i wanted! and add some. but - the Luxman is a real eyeopener and its still one of my fav' phono stage around now days (under 10K of course) when paring with a proper electronics.

hope that helps a bit.

BTW - what extensively modifications you did to your ML spire?

Aviad.
    Hi Aviad,

Many thanks for the response; and for your impression of the EQ-500, and of course the XP25 which a good friend owns and enjoys, it is quite a piece! Btw, he owns Avalon Eidolon Diamond also.. The Luxman is one stage i'm interested to hear, perhaps one day..!

The ML's had quite a workover; new external crossovers based on Clarity Cap MR's, completely rewired, bass cabinet clad in granite and ceasarstone, Finite Elemente Cerabase feet, sealed bass enclosure etc. A detailed write up is on the MLO site here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...mp-Electronics
    Z:Axis Audio

Balanced Power ~ 'Symetrica' by Z:Axis Audio TT Sony TTS 8000 / SAEC WE-506/30 / Nasotec Swing / Aidas PanzerHolz-Diamond, Allnic H3000 Phono /KR Audio 'Lampi Anniv 5U4G CD Esoteric transport / Concert Fidelity DAC 040B/D /Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 Pre / ZL200 Amplifiers / Martin Logan Spire - Extensively modified. Cabling is by Z-Axis Audio, Reference mains leads, 'Reference B52' interconnects, 'Livewire' speaker cables. Mirage equipment support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12