Temporary Boarders - November, 2015

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My wife is the cat person but even I have to admit those are cute kitties.

She's started hinting around for a third cat so I expect we'll have another one over the next few months.

Her favorite is Siamese and she has a friend in LA who's been caring for an orphan so could be coming soon.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Temporary Boarders? You're naieve.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The boys are about 12-13 weeks old - both have had their neuter last Saturday and are seeking their very own humans of their own. They are not bonded and can be adopted separately.

The tabby is Cinders:
Cinders.jpg

And this little guy is Valentine :
Valentine.jpg

Competitive little boys - they fight over all the toys - growling and hissing and swatting at each other, but snuggle down for bedtime. The same for food. I had four little dishes out this morning. I have two adult cats that will share a plate but if one goes over to the big plate, then the other would as well and we'd have a little spat.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My neighbors adopted thier foster kid.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
My wife is the cat person but even I have to admit those are cute kitties.

She's started hinting around for a third cat so I expect we'll have another one over the next few months.

Her favorite is Siamese and she has a friend in LA who's been caring for an orphan so could be coming soon.

Congratulations on your coming new family member! :D

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Carol. So what is the process here? How do you get the kittens to start?

Currently, I foster for Friends of the Animals Foundation. When they have kittens, they call me to see if I'm able to host them. These two came from California - do you remember reading about California sending us their dogs and cats? The last lot were from Yakima and the first of the year were also from California. I like fostering for FAF because they are very conscientious about getting the kittens vetted / flea treated if necessary before sending them to foster homes. I have two cats and they come first in terms of keeping them healthy and flea free.

I keep them apprised of how the kittens are coming along, and their weights, they let me know when they have clinics scheduled at the Feral Cat Spay and Neuter Project. Then they run adoption events at different pet stores and sometimes I also volunteer to help at those events. If they don't get adopted, they come back with me until the next adoption event.

Rescues will help first time foster families with training, information, and also help out with cages, food, litter etc. if needed. I provide all the supplies myself as I see that as my contribution. The 1st year I fostered, I bought the collapsible dog fence, the 2nd year I fostered, I bought the collapsible cage. Since then, I've obtained quite the collection of litter boxes, hammocks and carriers - friends give me their spares / ones their cats grew out of and volunteers often trade stuff or pass stuff around too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing