Wonder if Vinyl Is Really Back To Stay...

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Almost everyday now you see or read something new about vinyl, wonder if this is just a flash in the pan or a real resurrection of the medium? Here's an entire art exhibit dedicated to vinyl lp, click on the links they're interesting...

http://nasher.duke.edu/therecord/index.php

david

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Very interesting. I just had a quick look around, but will get back to it when I have more time. Thanks for this David!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, David and good morning to you. I personally think it is. LP manufacturing plants are being refit, new LP pressing machine are being built and I heard from some source that Amazons' top electronic sales was actually a record player. Good news for vinyl fans!

Tom

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
My favorite record shop is expanding its LP section and promoting the medium. Most of my fellow shoppers are young kids who love the artwork. Many of them don't actually play the record but want the artifact to go with their downloads. And turntables are being offered everywhere. The market will decide whether vinyl is here to stay, but it never went away. I'm optimistic. it gets me off the couch at the end of the record.

chad-ra

Apr 1, 2016
I think it is definitely here to stay and always will be. The real question is how much longer will it keep rising before it flatlines or with some great marketing maybe it will keep rising and never flatline! That's the dream.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing