Shakti Hallographs..

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Dave, you're averse to many tweaks, which I totally get, but make an exception for the Shun Mook Diamond Resonators. Can you say why?

The caveat was proper, expert installation. I've seen the Shun mook guys at work previously in one of our CES rooms and then a few installations at client's homes, in every instance they worked as promised without coloring the sound. This is only with their discs I have no experience with their footers or other products.

david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The caveat was proper, expert installation. I've seen the Shun mook guys at work previously in one of our CES rooms and then a few installations at client's homes, in every instance they worked as promised without coloring the sound. This is only with their discs I have no experience with their footers or other products.

david

The Shun Mook instructions are very good. The footers are easy to install. For the discs on components, instructions are easier, but for the ones around the room, especially their spatial quartets and sextets and the individual discs that go on to the wall, a good ear is required. It is possible to worsen the sound. I tried it when I had Logans and that last part didn't work well. However at Audiophile Bill's place one of my placements was inspired. I think from your description at CES he used the quartets, sextets, and discs (with rectangular blocks of discs)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The Shun Mook instructions are very good. The footers are easy to install. For the discs on components, instructions are easier, but for the ones around the room, especially their spatial quartets and sextets and the individual discs that go on to the wall, a good ear is required. It is possible to worsen the sound. I tried it when I had Logans and that last part didn't work well. However at Audiophile Bill's place one of my placements was inspired. I think from your description at CES he used the quartets, sextets, and discs (with rectangular blocks of discs)

Don't remember what they used, just the results...

david

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Yes Indeed +1 for the Mooks--I've replaced my Stillpoints with the SDR's--warmer less strident I found--YVMV

BruceD

Oregonpapa

Nov 28, 2015
Shakti Hallographs - positives and negatives.

New member here. In fact, this is my first post. I have two pair of the Shakti Hallographs in my system. One pair in the corners behind the speakers and the second pair behind the listening position. The positive is: They transformed the room. The results are amazing, and I wouldn't want to be without them. The negatives: Flimsy, they break apart if knocked over, and knocking them over is really easy. Keep a tube of Gorilla Glue handy for repairs.

Reactions: MMas

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..for only $1500 what can a guy expect? :eek:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
To revive this old thread, I just received a pair of the Shakti Hallographs and have set them up in my room. Since I use the Real Traps, and like them a lot, I will be interested to see how the Shakti's perform. Will they bring about a worthwhile change or will they simply elicit a coloration?.. or perhaps they will make no contribution. Anyhow, I will post my thoughts on these after some extensive listening in the next few days. BTW, I actually like the way they look, as they do have a kind of modernistic flare, but that would NOT be enough for me, unless they perform. We shall see.....

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
To revive this old thread, I just received a pair of the Shakti Hallographs and have set them up in my room. Since I use the Real Traps, and like them a lot, I will be interested to see how the Shakti's perform. Will they bring about a worthwhile change or will they simply elicit a coloration?.. or perhaps they will make no contribution. Anyhow, I will post my thoughts on these after some extensive listening in the next few days. BTW, I actually like the way they look, as they do have a kind of modernistic flare, but that would NOT be enough for me, unless they perform. We shall see.....

I added two pairs of Hallographs to an already fully treated room (RealTraps, RPG, ASC), expecting to try them out and likely resell them. A year later, and they haven't moved. Almost work like a passive EQ. More meat on the bone, more ambient space. Experiment with placement, as I found that the typical arrangements recommended online weren't always the best spots for them. Once you find the spots that work the best, just minute swiveling of the tops can bring about very noticeable changes in presentation.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I added two pairs of Hallographs to an already fully treated room (RealTraps, RPG, ASC), expecting to try them out and likely resell them. A year later, and they haven't moved. Almost work like a passive EQ. More meat on the bone, more ambient space. Experiment with placement, as I found that the typical arrangements recommended online weren't always the best spots for them. Once you find the spots that work the best, just minute swiveling of the tops can bring about very noticeable changes in presentation.
Thanks, I will be experimenting with them to maximize their positioning. I'm hopeful that i can achieve similar results to what you are reporting. Should be interesting, as I already have excellent staging. However, there can always be room for improvement.

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
I got a great deal on them, otherwise I would have passed. I too was dialed in as far the listening room goes, so I went in with a closed mind, so to speak. I was more than surprised with the results, to say the least. Hope you enjoy what they bring you.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I have had a chance to listen with the Shakti's. They are a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand, I think that they work as advertised...which in my room means that they seem to expand the stage and slightly improve the imaging precision. ( Very slightly though). However, on the other hand, I'm not so sure that they also do not tamp down the high frequency precision that I was getting before?? Overall, I'm keeping these, but have to experiment more with placement and toe in etc. This hobby can be frustrating sometimes, as it seems there is never such a thing as just plug and play for best sound reproduction! OTOH, perhaps that's part of the fun, LOL.....Maybe:rolleyes:

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019
How do Shakti Hallograph work for you today?
I use SteinMusic Harmonizer, Bybee ARN, SR HFT with a big improvement. Do I need to try Hallograph?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing