Adele 25

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
ADELE-25-2015-1200x1200-600x600.jpeg

Well, she's putting her face right out there, isn't she?

I'm listening to the album right now and it is solid, much like her previous efforts. Nothing earth shattering, but definitely really good music. I just hope the hype and over-promotion doesn't over-saturate the public's view of her, making her in short order tired and past tense in this business.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think she has far more talent for that to be a concern, but I understand your point. She has the potential of a huge career in the making and there'll be several ups and downs, but in the end I think she'll survive it all.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is it only me, or do the chords at the start of the opening track "Hello" sound suspiciously like "Hello, Is It Me You're looking For?" LOL?!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mine came early. Have listened to half of it and so far, it is very nice! The tracks are not as catchy as her other work. But that is good I think as one doesn't get as tired listening to them. In that sense, i would call her music more grown up and sophisticated.

Best news is fidelity. While not reference quality, it is far, far better than her previous work on CD. Her voice unfortunately is still not recorded well but the dynamics are nice, the bass pretty good and so is the piano.

Overall I am pretty happy :).

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Adele has enough talent IMHO to weather a few missteps. Luckily, I suspect that she has not yet had one. In some ways, I believe that she could be more exposed and better appreciated than she already is. Anyway, here's hoping.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm not a soccer Mom; I don't really "get" Adele.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I'm not a soccer mom either. I do *get* Adele. I also like her music. I wish nothing but the best for her and her fans.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
She looks fantastic!
The little bits that I have heard sounded like it might have a little more soul in it, but I am not a huge fan. I appreciate her voice but after awhile the songs start to run together.
She has the salt to go the distance.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I saw that yesterday. To my ears it is better sounding than those scores and certainly better than her previous albums.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I saw that yesterday. To my ears it is better sounding than those scores and certainly better than her previous albums.
In fairness that does happen on occasion. I have the Serge Fiori CD (ex-Harmonium founder) , which also rated poorly, but actually sounds better than the numbers indicate.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing