Cerious Graphene Extreme ICs..

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
So you know the design/manufacturing process of how Bob makes his cables? I have a pdf he sent me showing the process, let me see if I can post it here. Hmm for some reason I can't any advice on how to post a pdf?
When you reply access the advanced editor (button under Quick Reply window "Go Advanced") and then click on the paperclip icon in the top row. That should allow you to upload a file.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Anyone who knows Bob Grost from his various audio endeavors over the years realizes that he is an exceptionally accredited engineer who makes unique products offering exceptional performance. The PDF which Jond provided above documents the process that Bob developed to build his Graphene Extreme cables. Those who have heard them know how great they sound, and there is certainly a lot more work in creating them than what goes into many other high end cables which are often simply cut off a spool and terminated.

Marce

Oct 17, 2015
Blackburn
Perhaps you should have waited until April 1 to post this.

Rather this thread should have been posted on 1st April, its another joke audiophile cable for those who worship cables despite the reality of electrical signal transmission... The graphene is doing nothing...

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
Rather this thread should have been posted on 1st April, its another joke audiophile cable for those who worship cables despite the reality of electrical signal transmission... The graphene is doing nothing...

Hey nice first post dude glad you could add so much to this discussion. So what would you consider non "joke audiophile cables"?

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Jond - Those questioning these cables haven't ever heard them, while it appears that everyone who has finds their performance to be truly exceptional. There always seems to be an abundance of doubters when it comes to cables, it comes with the territory.

maxima95

May 13, 2015
Jond - Those questioning these cables haven't ever heard them, while it appears that everyone who has finds their performance to be truly exceptional. There always seems to be an abundance of doubters when it comes to cables, it comes with the territory.

Absolutely.

However, respectfully disagreeing is one thing. Using pejorative language such as "... another joke audiophile cable for those who worship cables ... " is quite another.

By the way, does anyone know where a shrine for these cables is so I can pay my respects?

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
maxima95 - I'm not aware of any significant discussion about the Cerious Graphene Extreme cables. It appears to me as if the designer's time is spent engineering and building product rather than promoting it. As a result it's not very widely publicized, and has more of a limited underground following by those who have tried them.

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
maxima95 - I'm not aware of any significant discussion about the Cerious Graphene Extreme cables. It appears to me as if the designer's time is spent engineering and building product rather than promoting it. As a result it's not very widely publicized, and has more of a limited underground following by those who have tried them.

Bill that's a great point, this is a small company that sells by word of mouth and Bob is an engineer not a marketer. He emailed me that pdf directly after I ordered the Graphene speaker cables to show me how they are made. That pdf has never been posted anywhere by Bob or used to advertise his cables on any site that I've seen. I asked his permission before even posting it here.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Hey nice first post dude glad you could add so much to this discussion. So what would you consider non "joke audiophile cables"?
By the way, Marce's day job is designing printed circuit boards (both analog & digital) in the industrial and military fields. In his spare time he does a lot of DIY audio.
He has been a go to expert for amateurs laying out hi-fi circuits.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
By the way, Marce's day job is designing printed circuit boards (both analog & digital) in the industrial and military fields. In his spare time he does a lot of DIY audio.
He has been a go to expert for amateurs laying out hi-fi circuits.

..and?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..just to tie a bow around this thread...you can always count on some enlightened poster showing up and rudely pissing on someone's effort to share what could actually be useful information. So marce old buddy it's all your's pal...whizz away..

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Some useful information might be:
The specification of a Graphene speaker cable and the specifications of a similar sized normal speaker cable.
Just what does adding Graphene change?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..I returned my Graphene Extreme XLRs and have gone with Monster Cable

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Some useful information might be:
The specification of a Graphene speaker cable and the specifications of a similar sized normal speaker cable.
Just what does adding Graphene change?

Elementary, It would change the molecular proportion of Graphene in relation to the other test specimen cable.

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
..just to tie a bow around this thread...you can always count on some enlightened poster showing up and rudely pissing on someone's effort to share what could actually be useful information. So marce old buddy it's all your's pal...whizz away..

Nice April Fools Joke es347! :D Naturally since I saw it a day later it took me like half an hour to remember what yesterday was!

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Elementary, It would change the molecular proportion of Graphene in relation to the other test specimen cable.
Of the cable, not of the conductors. How could I have missed that.
I was expecting someone to claim that it had something to do with audible or electrical characteristics.

Marce

Oct 17, 2015
Blackburn

There needs to be some who try to inject some reality into this hobby, far to many myths, untruths and blatant scams as it is...
These cable and the claims are at best deceptive at worse...
A good cable is one that is correctly engineered and specified for the job at hand, available at reasonable prices from many companies, cables and interconnection are one area of electronics that has been studied greatly since Oliver Heaviside, you don't need esoteric dubious expensive cables way over priced or subscribe to the many misleading myths and BS put forth by many high end cable manufacturers.... Physics will do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing