Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cerious Graphene Extreme ICs..

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] es347's Avatar

Cerious Graphene Extreme ICs..

Does anyone have experience with these cables? The concept sounds intriguing but then a bit voodooish as well. Thanks in advance..

Addicted to Best!
    Well graphene is certainly a good conductor

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! lasercd's Avatar
    I don't have experience with Bob Grost's current cables but I did use his previous versions for many years (as well as his speakers). He's a bit of a mad genius that thinks outside the box and offers forward thinking products at realistic prices. I would be shocked if you weren't blown away.
    Ken Golden
    The Laser's Edge
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

..a pr of his graphene extreme XLRs are due here today. I'm having an IC shoot out next Tuesday with my buddy that possesses golden ears and also happens to be a musician and a registered acoustics engineer. I rely on him to help me confirm what I think I'm hearing...should be fun..

Looking forward to your findings about the graphene extreme ICs. Enjoy the shootout and thanks for sharing!

..got em this afternoon. Right out of the box I can tell these little guys are something special. I won't jump to any conclusions but rather will wait for a bit more analytical approach, but they will definitely be a contender. Kinda makes one question the whole crazy expensive cable market. Stay tuned..

[WBF Founding Member] Moderator RBFC's Avatar
    I had a set of Bob Grost's Unity Audio PARMs and they were very good. Agreed that he is a serious designer.

Lee
    Lee Aldridge

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! lasercd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFC View Post
    I had a set of Bob Grost's Unity Audio PARMs and they were very good. Agreed that he is a serious designer.

Lee
    I had a set as well. They were awesome. Bob picked up my set, drove them back to Michigan and updated them. My friends at UPS destroyed them on the return journey home. Bob subsequently built me what I nick-named Super PARMs. It was a completely unique design. I lived with them for a couple of years and they were wonderful. On a subsequent visit Bob suggested building out a set of powered subwoofers. The conversation went a step further and the next thing I know Bob built the first set of Cerious Ceramic Reference speakers. If you poke around on Bob's outdated Cerious Technologies website you can see a photo of them. Supposedly he built other sets for customers. If thats true there can't be many sets out there.
    Ken Golden
    The Laser's Edge
    www.lasercd.com
    www.lasersedgegroup.com

I am a big believer in Bob's cables, I have nano-reference interconnects and nano signature power cords all the way through my system and I have a set of graphene extreme speaker cables on the way. Bob made me a believer in high end power cords finally, I really think his stuff is special and excited for my new speaker cables!

..ok it's been a couple of months and hundreds of hours so pretty safe to say the GE XLRs are broken in. I won't even attempt to enlighten with reviewer speak but I will say that these little guys have a permanent home here. I switched back to the Acoustic Zen Silver Ref...no contest. I also swapped out with a $5K pr of OHNO OCC(?) ICs...which will go unnamed, I have my reasons...and it was a virtual toss up. Ok bold statement time...I'd bet a SS check that the Cerious Graphene Extremes would hold their own against ANY IC regardless of price. Do NOT let the realistic price fool you these are world class cables guys. Oh and by the way I am not a shill for Cerious cables. I just took the leap of faith and have benefitted greatly...actually it wasn't much of a leap given that Bob Grost offers a 30 day money back deal. To quote Forrest Gump.."and that's all I have to say about that"..

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast