Need An Amplifier That Can Make Any Speaker It's Bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
You have a quote from Ron saying he "hammed up for dramatic effect?" And yes, I know you saw this video as I did a search and you had post it here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18680-Maggie-7-REALLY-needs-400-wpc-plus. Plenty of people here and elsewhere have attested to need for lots of power with this loudspeaker. Do you have an explanation for that?

That aside, how much power do they need in your opinion? And how did you determine that? Where the other amps you used in the power department insufficient before you got this one? Or where they all sufficient? I am looking for the kind of detail and insight that was provided in that review. Exact records used to play. Exact artifacts honed in. Changes with amps going up and down the scale. Do you have anything like this to share with us?

End of story. You MO is circular arguments with no end game. I've got other things to do. Go borrow a Magnepan and a bunch of amps, do your own tests, and make a video. Have fun.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Andre I am going to ask you to stay with the title and technical nature of the thread you created. You need to take the high road as a person posting under your real name and professional affiliation to say nothing of violating our terms of service. We provide exceptional leeway to our senior members but this needs to be the end of the road.

respectfully; while I agree with your comments here and no doubt rules have been stretched too far in this case, my own personal opinion is that it's bad form in general for a moderator involved in a thread to moderate it too. the whole concept of moderation is objectivity. and that the target for the moderation see that clearly it is an objective moderation perspective.

ask another mod to step into threads you participate in.

OTOH it is your forum.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The high road? You jest. That road was dug up long ago. The way Alex was treated was beyond contempt by the wolf pack, and why should I expect any better.
You are posting under your real name. Families, friends and professional colleagues will find these posts and read what you have written as google indexes our forum every day. If you are proud of that, I suggest printing some of this an showing them to a loved one. If you are not willing to do that, I am going to request that you follow our forum rules and discuss the technical topic which you created and not the membership. So it is clear, my employees, children and friends all read my posts and I am very comfortable printing any of them for them to read.

Either way, I will be deleting your posts that are off-topic and personal from here on.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
respectfully; while I agree with your comments here and no doubt rules have been stretched too far in this case, my own personal opinion is that it's bad form in general for a moderator involved in a thread to moderate it too. the whole concept of moderation is objectivity. and that the target for the moderation see that clearly it is an objective moderation perspective.

ask another mod to step into threads you participate in.

OTOH it is your forum.
Thank you for your concern Mike. I am very much aware of it and will only intervene when it is very necessary at the moment and cannot be seen as a way to settle a technical argument between me and someone else. In this case, I am seeing members going after each other and the thread owner fanning them. Shutting this is totally appropriate for the good of the forum and membership.

I appreciation your cooperation in sticking with the thread title. We are at the end of the road with the bickering.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Time out. I suggest everyone go and listen to music, hug a loved one and realize this is a hobby and not life and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing