Need An Amplifier That Can Make Any Speaker It's Bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This thread has been some of the best breakfast reading I've had in some time. Makes my regular reading of news editorials sound lame. LOL!

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
thank you.

No problem. I haven't heard them personally, but I'm using NC500 based amps with fully discrete pure class A input stages in my system right now and they are amazing. I'm sure Bel Canto did a good job on their input stages as well.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
No problem. I haven't heard them personally, but I'm using NC500 based amps with fully discrete pure class A input stages in my system right now and they are amazing. I'm sure Bel Canto did a good job on their input stages as well.

Yes, I am sure these sound great. Having had a number of Bel Canto devices in my systems, they def. are very well engineered.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
no. not strange.

it's the recent techie 'attack mode' posture of our forum owner just coming thru loud and clear. get over it. it's who we are now.

who cares about listening? look at a circuit and simply project a judgment. who cares who it hurts? not their problem. gets more hits and recognition for the web site. first time posting skeptics feel right at home here. more will be coming. agenda's? maybe, but no worries.

Someone should start up the "ignorance is bliss" audio forum for those who can't handle the truth. :)

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
This thread has been some of the best breakfast reading I've had in some time. Makes my regular reading of news editorials sound lame. LOL!

Is it too early for popcorn?:D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'll have to look through my RMAF material but there was a British couple presenting their NC500 based amps for about half the price of Bel Canto.

Here it is:

http://www.acousticimagery.com/

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I'll have to look through my RMAF material but there was a British couple presenting their NC500 based amps for about half the price of Bel Canto.

Here it is:

http://www.acousticimagery.com/

Interesting. Looks nice. Reminds me of the Merrill Audio Thor's..I had those in my system and they were very impressive...about the same price as the Bel Canto.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Someone should start up the "ignorance is bliss" audio forum for those who can't handle the truth. :)

pulling gear judgments out of one's arse without listening is not truth. it's just rude. particularly for 1st posters. but that is the vibe we have going. it's not changing. but i don't have to like it.

i see that it's your style and understand where you are coming from. in 2 months you have 600 posts and feel you know it all.

maybe you do.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
I'm calling out B U L L S H I T. Here

We get a bunch of armchair engineers who have never brought an audiophile product to market taking pot shots at a product they have NEVER HEARD. It has to stop.
it is offensive, presumptiious and down right rude, among other things.

I see TWO F U C K I N G posters (with BLANK profiles) here who MAGICALLY appear here and their FIRST G O D D AM post is to attack Redgum. I smell competitor shills or sour grapes...perhaps the ex importer?

SOMETHING IS ROTTEN.

“Offensive”? “Down right rude”? “Rotten”?

Maybe the fact that you used a sexually-charged and misogynistic epithet in the title of your thread - which as well as being potentially offensive to women toward whom the word in question is most frequently directed, could also be seen as being offensive to anyone who has been subjected to sexual violence and/or enforced servitude against their free will - lead to the tone of the thread descending fairly quickly toward you needing to then follow up with a profanity-laced defensive tirade in an attempt at self-justification.

I mean, I get it... it’s a pop-culture reference, a word reappropriated by modern feminism and hip-hop... I get it. Far be it from me to tell you what to do or say, Andre, but as much as I will fiercly defend your right to freedom of speech here on this forum, unless you’re attempting reclaim the word on behalf of feminists, lesbians or victims of prison rape, perhaps the professional writer in you could be more self-selective of the words you choose to express yourself, especially given the heavily male-centric and male-dominated industry the high-end has historically been - and in the context of this forum, continues to be.

Just sayin’.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
“Offensive”? “Down right rude”? “Rotten”?

Maybe the fact that you used a sexually-charged and misogynistic epithet in the title of your thread - which as well as being potentially offensive to women toward whom the word in question is most frequently directed, could also be seen as being offensive to anyone who has been subjected to sexual violence and/or enforced servitude against their free will - lead to the tone of the thread descending fairly quickly toward you needing to then follow up with a profanity-laced defensive tirade in an attempt at self-justification.

I mean, I get it... it’s a pop-culture reference, a word reappropriated by modern feminism and hip-hop... I get it. Far be it from me to tell you what to do or say, Andre, but as much as I will fiercly defend your right to freedom of speech here on this forum, unless you’re attempting reclaim the word on behalf of feminists, lesbians or victims of prison rape, perhaps the professional writer in you could be more self-selective of the words you choose to express yourself, especially given the heavily male-centric and male-dominated industry the high-end has historically been - and in the context of this forum, continues to be.

Just sayin’.

Sexually charged?

You have to be ******* kidding me dude. Get out of here. Save this politically correct BS. Enough already.

Just as mike said, it is GODANG rude to criticize a product you have NEVER HEARD on your first post. And funny, both posters
on their first post, from the same geographic location.

Your nonsense reply is just diversion.

Why would ANYBODY share information about new products here? Why would ANY manufacturer contribute here only to be abused?

Give me a ******* break.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Damn....I ran out of popcorn! :p

Andre - Don't concern yourself with all of the negativity....you're better than that. I, for one, greatly appreciate your contributions here and bringing to the forefront some components that would otherwise never garner a mention. There's more to audio appreciation than a few exalted brands, and quite frankly those are starting to bore me.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Damn....I ran out of popcorn! :p

Andre - Don't concern yourself with all of the negativity....you're better than that. I, for one, greatly appreciate your contributions here and bringing to the forefront some components that would otherwise never garner a mention. There's more to audio appreciation than a few exalted brands, and quite frankly those are starting to bore me.

JV, this can't stand. I get "called out" for using a colorful descriptive term in good fun, while a bunch of assholes who have NO interest in the product, have never heard it, save one, who claims he did, have no intention of hearing it, and have the guts to form an objective attack group. Screw that. All this over a $2500 integrated amp.

It seems listening to gear is of the lowest priority, but forming a circle jerk over specs, internal photos, and other nonsense is end game.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Is listening to a component the only way to be an audiophile, i.e., is there only one acceptable way to be involved in this hobby?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
As an audiophile, I look at build quality, among other things. This 'thing' is the worst I have ever seen in over 30 years. An 'amateur job' doesn't begin to describe it in my mind - the manufacturer appears to take no proud in his/her work, and the circuit boards are not even laid out in parallel to make it look even half-decent. Sometimes, the truth aches, or ack's, as I like to say. Sorry Marc, this one isn't worth anyone's attention in my mind. I don't know who this manufacturer is, and I don't care that they've been in business for 21 years... Some products are just substandard, and this *appears* to be one of them. And no, I don't need to listen to it, or read a review on stuff like that.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
As an audiophile, I look at build quality, among other things. This 'thing' is the worst I have ever seen in over 30 years. An 'amateur job' doesn't begin to describe it in my mind - the manufacturer appears to take no proud in his/her work, and the circuit boards are not even laid out in parallel to make it look even half-decent. Sometimes, the truth aches, or ack's, as I like to say. Sorry Marc, this one isn't worth anyone's attention in my mind. I don't know who this manufacturer is, and I don't care that they've been in business for 21 years... Some products are just substandard, and this *appears* to be one of them. And no, I don't need to listen to it, or read a review on stuff like that.

So you speak for all audiophiles and the entire membership? C'mon....let's get real here.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

The "worst in 30 years'? Really. Get real. How many amplifiers have you designed and brought to market? How many countries distribute your products?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The "worst in 30 years'? Really. Get real. How many amplifiers have you designed and brought to market? How many countries distribute your products?
Armchair designers........

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing