Hello!!!!!!

alm

Nov 18, 2015
Madrid
Hello, I am Alberto from Spain. I found the forum looking for info about Burmester gear (911mk3 Poweramp) and I am impressed of the knowledge and love some of the members show about these machines.
I do own a Bumester combo (051/052) and I'm willing to progress in the brand. It's not an easy task here because german brands are misconsidered and the distributor stopped dealing with the brand about 3 years ago.
I have some question about both the 911 and the 011 that I will make in the Burmester Forum.

Really glad to be here.

Regards.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello Alberto. Welcome to the forum. Burmester gear is beautifully made and few would challenge German engineering on anything :).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Alberto! The first time I heard a Burmester component was at the TAVE Show in Toronto and Gary Koh from Genesis had his G7p and G5 speakers paired with it. It was early in the morning and we spent a good hour just sitting back and enjoying the sound. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say what that Burmester component contributed to the overall sound, but I can tell you it was a very pleasurable listening experience.

alm

Nov 18, 2015
Madrid
Thanks for your wellcome. It can't be denied that the sound quality of the brand is huge. Nothing added to what was record. Some may like some may not.
I was a about to change my system replacing the amp with a couple of Pass XA.60.5 when I was offered a 911 mk3 and the all my plans changed. And I may add a 011 at a very reasonable price.
I like Pass but never heard the xa60.5. I can't be wrong whatever I choose but I guess that the 911 will make a better job with my 801 Matrix S3.
Any thoughts about it??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing