New KEF Blade Two video from SoundStage!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Fantastic video! One of the most informative and professional video productions I have seen on loudspeakers. Amazing job well done.

BTW, Johan who introduces the video is a friend and a very fun guy worth knowing. He is usually at the shows so drop by and chat with him. He has a great selection of music for demos and worth stealing his playlist :).

Finally, note the one brief shot in their listening room where the side walls are using diffusers not absorbers.

das

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2010
www.soundstagenetwork.com
Hi,

Glad you like the current video and, I assume, the past ones. Like creating articles, this is now one of the mainstays on companies, just like we did factory tours -- content we produce entirely in house.

We're actually going to have another series start in December: "SoundStage! Shorts."

Doug Schneider
SoundStage!

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I'll have to watch this whole series in a quiet environment. I'm in video production so I'm excited to see well produced videos featuring audiophile products.

On another note I'm a huge fan of coincident drivers (I have TAD's). I was super excited to hear the blade 1 and 2 at various shows, especially since the cabinet design seems ideal. But I was left so disappointed. And these were rooms set up by KEF. Has anyone heard the blades sound good? It seems like they would be excellent, or at least competitive with traditional designs of their cost. Perhaps it was the electronics KEF shows with. Any insights?

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
On another note I'm a huge fan of coincident drivers (I have TAD's). I was super excited to hear the blade 1 and 2 at various shows, especially since the cabinet design seems ideal. But I was left so disappointed. And these were rooms set up by KEF. Has anyone heard the blades sound good? It seems like they would be excellent, or at least competitive with traditional designs of their cost. Perhaps it was the electronics KEF shows with. Any insights?
We had a proper audio show in Sydney a year or so ago, with the blades there. And they sounded pretty awful, mediocre "hifi", instantly dismissable. I would put it down to poorly organised electronics, the distributors must believe the speakers will sell themselves ....

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I heard the Blade 2 at last years Capitol Audio Fest in the VPI room and thought they sounded very nice. I will say they are not speakers that call attention to themselves.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We had Blade 1 for a few months so naturally I did good bit of listening to it. It is a very good speaker but needs a live room. When put in our main theater with a lot of acoustic treatment, it did not sound good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing