lamm m2.2

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hardly anything, M1.2 is pure Class A, M2.2 is a highly biased Class A/B , operates in Class A for the first 35 or so watts. You won't hear a difference between the two at normal listening volumes with most speakers. The M2.2 is the perfect match for his MLs, MBL, and some other panels but you can get away with the M1.2 with the A1. Pure Class A is the ultimate!

david

FWIW, i always leave my Gryphon on full-on Class A even though they have 2 other 'eco modes' which reduce the amount of Class A. Honestly, i dont hear too much difference between middle and full-on, but i definitely hear a difference between lo and medium/high. And this is with my Wilsons where i know that it should not matter at all given their efficiency.

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
I am using two of those per side in a bridged mode per side to power the midbass of the German Physiks Emperor lls. Never felt the need for tube rolling, because the sound of a kick bass for dynamics, or that of a cello, or base in tone colours, or that of a Steinway for both, dynamics and colours, came, to my ears at least, uncanningly close to the real thing.

Also, since I run them bridged I never felt the need for a pure class A amp. Most of the time they run in class A anyway, I would suppose.

Last edited:

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
I've said many times that in the more than10 years I've used Lamm gear the only tube I've ever rolled has been the 12ax7

Yes, Always found the Sovtek 12ax7 (in other gear, not in my Lamms of course, because they don't have those, thankfully)-Always unbearably harsh. The first thing I threw out, both in my Jadis 80s and in the Jadis 200 amps. substituted them for French military Mazdas.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Just opened my lamm m and found 6n23
Very clear and dynamic but a bit mono harmonic
Swapped golden lion 6922 much more harmonically rich a little smig less dynamic

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
The speed and slam is amazing
but with finesse and scary inner detail .....wow

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome to the family awsmone :)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
The piano is so dynamic colourful and the string resonances so real especially the bass notes
The power of the M2.2 no clipping
The combo of lamm and morel is very convincing
My guess is big Wilson would also be good :)

Detlof

Member Sponsor
Nov 5, 2015
The speed and slam is amazing
but with finesse and scary inner detail .....wow

Hi Awsmone,
Yes, Vlad knows what he is doing and by no means only in this case! What Golden Lions did you use? NOS or the new stuff?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Andrew, so you have Morels and CLXs both, or did you replace the CLX with the Morel?

Ok just read your first post, you have both.

So you are still driving CLX with Bakoon?

Would like to know impressions of Lamm on CLX, if possible

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Yes I have both
I have not tried on clx yet
Will let u know

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do you upsample vinyl to multichannel in your Logan system?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Lol I have done
Currently just running active multi driver
Clx midrange mid bass DWM and three subwoofers two low down to 40 Hz and third below 40 Hz and upper tweeter above 16kHz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks, you said 'have', in the past. Just wanted to know if you recommend it or if you noticed a drop in tone. I have seen a lot of realism from multichannel classical, soing some things much better than any 2 ch

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Sorry the golden lions are new ... My understanding is there never was an NOS 6922 Golden lion ;)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Interesting I use multi driver active for classical and is impressive before I had as multi channel but found phasing to complicated
I do up-sample vinyl with accuphase AD through this system

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Lol I have done
Currently just running active multi driver
Clx midrange mid bass DWM and three subwoofers two low down to 40 Hz and third below 40 Hz and upper tweeter above 16kHz

awsmone... As or when you progressively re-connect your system with the CLX's I would be most interested, if convenient and feasible, in your consideration of the Lamm's driving the panels alone, sans subs, then with?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Andrew, one more question - can upsampled vinyl sound better than Multichannel SACD for classical on your multichannel system?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing