Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivid Giya G3

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! dallasjustice's Avatar

Thumbs up Vivid Giya G3

I recently bought these speakers from my local dealer, Scotty Warren. I got them setup now and just started listening today. I've owned YG for many years and a few other brands before that. I love these speakers. They are a real treat. It's a bit of an adjustment at first. They are the most accurate and effortless sounding speakers I've heard.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  73.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  75.3 KB
    MUSIC IS GOOD

[WBF Founding Member]
    This speakers blew me away at Axpona and are the ones I would try if I ever decided to go another direction. I find the aesthetics questionnaible, but would easily get over that.

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor
    I've been mightily impressed every time I've heard Vivid Giya speakers!
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by edorr View Post
    This speakers blew me away at Axpona and are the ones I would try if I ever decided to go another direction. I find the aesthetics questionnaible, but would easily get over that.
    Thanks Eric. It's really hard to take any speaker seriously that looks like an elf shoe. My 4 year old says they look like the number 9. But they are world class for sure and I think the design follows from some good engineering.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasjustice View Post
    Thanks Eric. It's really hard to take any speaker seriously that looks like an elf shoe. My 4 year old says they look like the number 9. But they are world class for sure and I think the design follows from some good engineering.
    If I remember Philip correctly, these were designed by the same person that did the B&W Nautilus
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I've been mightily impressed every time I've heard Vivid Giya speakers!
    Thanks Bruce. I've been talking about getting a pair for many years. It just hit me one day a couple of weeks ago. So I didn't waste anymore time. I wish I had them earlier. They sound particularly great with loud rock/dance music. I have them crossed over to my subs at 80hz, just like I had the YGs setup. Since the bass is very full and realistic, I can push these little guys to high SPLs. There's no strain or edginess with loud tracks.
    MUSIC IS GOOD

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edorr View Post
    People on this forum and elsewhere have been mightily impressed with Vivid and that consistently .. One of my friend is about to acquire the G1 coming from a much more expensive and celebrated speaker... They're on my radar

. I am with you on the aesthetics but my fiancee finds them superb looking ... Since I listen mostly in the dark .. I guess ..

@Dallas.
    These are ported speakers I believe ... I prefer sealed and I thought so did you ... What's up with that?
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Congrats, like edorr, I too was blown away by them at Axpona.

I would love to have a pair!

Of course the other great brand that I like is what you already had - YG!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, preamp TBD, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

Ported speakers always have greater group delay the closer the speaker plays down to port tuning frequency. I believe the vivid G3 port is tuned to around 30hz. Since I cross over at 80hz and I can digitally control the time domain, there's no downside to the port. The G3 has very tight and articulate bass in my setup. They also sound lower distortion than the YGs from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by FrantzM View Post
    People on this forum and elsewhere have been mightily impressed with Vivid and that consistently .. One of my friend is about to acquire the G1 coming from a much more expensive and celebrated speaker... They're on my radar

. I am with you on the aesthetics but my fiancee finds them superb looking ... Since I listen mostly in the dark .. I guess ..

@Dallas.
    These are ported speakers I believe ... I prefer sealed and I thought so did you ... What's up with that?
    MUSIC IS GOOD

[WBF Founding Member]
    Do you really need the subs? I recall the Axpona demo generating massive amounts of bass in a room about the size of yours and obviously not nearly as acoustically optimized for bass reproduction. Have you tried to play them without subs?

Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast