Amanero Combo 384 ASIO Drivers on Windows 10 - Lampi B7

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Has anyone had issues installing the Amanero Combo 384 ASIO Drivers on Windows 10? I am a Lampi B7 owner. I have been using a windows based laptop as an NAA to stream DSD256 to the Lampi B7 from a Mac Mini using HQ Player. The sound from this combination is amazing! The windows based laptop I have been using is an i3 Dell with Windows 8.1 on loan from a relative. I now have a new Asus K501UX i7 laptop that I intend to continue using as the NAA (and occasionally for other uses). The new laptop is a Windows 10 machine. I installed the Amanero Combo 384 ASIO Drivers on the Windows 10 laptop. Install is successful and driver is detected as working when I plug in the DAC to the Laptop's USB. However, for some reason I cannot get this to work properly. I can play or stream PCM up to 24/96 to the Lampi. Anything above that (including DSD at any rate) comes out as noise, pops and clicks on the DAC. It seems to me this is a driver problem or some driver incompatibility with the new computer (since the DAC works fine with the mac or the windows 8.1 laptop) but I have been unable to fix it. Do you know of any incompatibility between Windows 10 and the Amanero 384 ASIO Drivers? Any help of comments would be appreciated.

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Although I do not have a Lampi, my Amanero card works with Windows 10 and HQPlayer.
Have you double checked with Foobar?
Are you sure you are using ASIO as backend?
If you can, try to use a different DAC to see if you can beyond 24/96.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Although I do not have a Lampi, my Amanero card works with Windows 10 and HQPlayer.
Have you double checked with Foobar?
Are you sure you are using ASIO as backend?
If you can, try to use a different DAC to see if you can beyond 24/96.

Its probably the ASIO setup as you indicated...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lampi with CLX and all valves! What a dream set up Lucho! I was almost there, with Lampi B7 plus AR Ref 3 + AR Ref 110. Similar style but lower level gear

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Has anyone had issues installing the Amanero Combo 384 ASIO Drivers on Windows 10? I am a Lampi B7 owner. I have been using a windows based laptop as an NAA to stream DSD256 to the Lampi B7 from a Mac Mini using HQ Player. The sound from this combination is amazing! The windows based laptop I have been using is an i3 Dell with Windows 8.1 on loan from a relative. I now have a new Asus K501UX i7 laptop that I intend to continue using as the NAA (and occasionally for other uses). The new laptop is a Windows 10 machine. I installed the Amanero Combo 384 ASIO Drivers on the Windows 10 laptop. Install is successful and driver is detected as working when I plug in the DAC to the Laptop's USB. However, for some reason I cannot get this to work properly. I can play or stream PCM up to 24/96 to the Lampi. Anything above that (including DSD at any rate) comes out as noise, pops and clicks on the DAC. It seems to me this is a driver problem or some driver incompatibility with the new computer (since the DAC works fine with the mac or the windows 8.1 laptop) but I have been unable to fix it. Do you know of any incompatibility between Windows 10 and the Amanero 384 ASIO Drivers? Any help of comments would be appreciated.

AO version 2 will soon be available working with Win10, but not sure if all versions, or just the Pro version. See Beta discussions over at computeraudiophile.com forums.

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Thanks Bonzo75 - It is a great system! The Arc Ref 3 and the Ref 110 are fantastic pieces of equipment. Owned both in the past. Really enjoying the Lampi!

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Thanks wisnon! Will try to do a clean install of Windows 10 to see if that fixes it. Otherwise will wait for new version. I will look at the beta info on computeraudiophile forums.

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Thanks bibo01. I am using ASIO, will try Foobar to see if there are any changes in driver performance. Don't have any other DAC at the moment. Sold my prior DAC just after getting the Lampi.

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Lars, Will try that tomorrow. I am traveling at the time and will be back home then. Thanks for the tool. Should be very useful.

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Thanks Bruce, how does the GG Balanced compare to the Lampi B7 SE? I believe you had that before the GG Balanced, correct?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks Bruce, how does the GG Balanced compare to the Lampi B7 SE? I believe you had that before the GG Balanced, correct?

I think Bruce had (L4 DSD only) in SE then Balanced, then Bal GG.

Luchocastro, where are you located?

Are you useing Foobar or another playback engine?

luchocastro

May 9, 2015
Wisnon, I am located in Costa Rica. Now using HQPlayer on a MacMini on OSX. Upsampliing PCM and DSD to DSD256 and streaming audio to Windows 10 laptop running as NAA and then to a Lampi B7 SE. Sound is great and better than Mac direct to Lampi or Windows 10 machine direct to Lampi. Have not tried foobar on the Windows machine but have tried most available playback SW on the Mac (Audirvana, Decibel, PureMusic, Fidelia). Maybe I should give foobar a try!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing