Avalon Arcus

Andrew Ma

Oct 20, 2015
A special thanks to the Sales and Marketing team of Avalon.

I had one of my tweeter blown in early Oct this year 2015. I started to call up Avalon for help if they had a pair of tweeters in stock. Considering that it was a very old model, I only tried by luck if they would have replied and helped me out on this issue.

Have a few messages sent, the sales and marketing team replied me that the tweeter was no long in stock, however that they would offer me a retrofit solution:). I Really Glad and admired to hear that, the feeling was like bringing me back from hell to heaven.

Since it was the first time contacting up with a HIFI manufacturer and received such a positive feedback, Avalon deserves a big thumb up on this aspect.

Second thing would have admired me was being the time taken from the date I sent my pair of tweeters through Hong Kong dealer to factory. It took only 2 weeks, "Yes" it was two weeks, a remarkable fast and efficiency, they returned a new pair of tweeters, which is a pair of their new "Ceramics" tweeters used in "Ideal", they looked great, but yet to try if they would sound better on my old Arcus.

I had these tweeters installed on my Avalon Arcus on last Friday night, it needed a bit of filing trim on the edge to get it fix perfectly on Arcus Cabinet, however that it was not a big issue, as I am fine and used to this trimming job, not a big deal.

Immediately turned on my equipment and gave the new tweeters a big try. I had to say "Wow", the image was more solid and transparent than the old "Focal" tweeters. They sounded lovely and I continuously played music through Saturday and Sunday night.

Those improvements were somehow out of my expectation, I wonder if Avalon team would consider launching a kind of modification program to the old user, they would have been of help to improve the new sales in a sense that the old Avalon are of greater trade in value.

Again, special thanks to the marketing and sales team of Avalon.

Andrew Avalon Tweeter.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20150710-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150710-WA0000.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 883

Trcnet

Jun 21, 2015
A special thanks to the Sales and Marketing team of Avalon.

I had one of my tweeter blown in early Oct this year 2015. I started to call up Avalon for help if they had a pair of tweeters in stock. Considering that it was a very old model, I only tried by luck if they would have replied and helped me out on this issue.

Have a few messages sent, the sales and marketing team replied me that the tweeter was no long in stock, however that they would offer me a retrofit solution:). I Really Glad and admired to hear that, the feeling was like bringing me back from hell to heaven.

Since it was the first time contacting up with a HIFI manufacturer and received such a positive feedback, Avalon deserves a big thumb up on this aspect.

Second thing would have admired me was being the time taken from the date I sent my pair of tweeters through Hong Kong dealer to factory. It took only 2 weeks, "Yes" it was two weeks, a remarkable fast and efficiency, they returned a new pair of tweeters, which is a pair of their new "Ceramics" tweeters used in "Ideal", they looked great, but yet to try if they would sound better on my old Arcus.

I had these tweeters installed on my Avalon Arcus on last Friday night, it needed a bit of filing trim on the edge to get it fix perfectly on Arcus Cabinet, however that it was not a big issue, as I am fine and used to this trimming job, not a big deal.

Immediately turned on my equipment and gave the new tweeters a big try. I had to say "Wow", the image was more solid and transparent than the old "Focal" tweeters. They sounded lovely and I continuously played music through Saturday and Sunday night.

Those improvements were somehow out of my expectation, I wonder if Avalon team would consider launching a kind of modification program to the old user, they would have been of help to improve the new sales in a sense that the old Avalon are of greater trade in value.

Again, special thanks to the marketing and sales team of Avalon.

Andrew View attachment 23384

Hello Andrew.

Thanks for sharing the positive experience with Avalon's customer service. I have a feeling that will be hearing more of these types of positive comments with Steve Huntley working for Avalon.

enjoy,
Tom

BlackPR

Mar 17, 2016
I had gone through the same thing with my Arcus... Lost a woofer. Fortunately those were still made -- I replaced both. I considered replacing the tweeters, but was talked out of it by Avalon staff. This was the DAY before Thanksgiving 2014, I had a tooth infection, my face was all swollen, and I was able to go up to Boulder, demo the Tesseract and get my drivers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing