My Android has the right time; but all the websites I visit are all one hour ahead!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Is this normal? Like right now, on my smartphone it's 4:30 PM (Pacific Time - Seattle, Vancouver).
But! This post of mine on my smartphone, right now says 5:30 PM.

Help!

P.S. On my laptop it is fine; 4:30 PM (this post).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It shows as 4:30 in my view. Make sure you have set your timezone preferences correctly in the forum profile for you.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh wait. You are saying on laptop the post shows correct time but when viewed on tablet it shows one hour ahead? That is strange....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Oh wait. You are saying on laptop the post shows correct time but when viewed on tablet it shows one hour ahead? That is strange....

You got it Amir; that's exactly what I'm saying. ...And I only noticed it today.

On my laptop no problemo; all the audio sites I visit (registered member), I set the time to my time (Pacific Time) in the User CP menu (General Settings).
But on my smartphone the time is one hour ahead on those same sites; it shouldn't be like that...it should automatically be the same time as my smartphone...I think.
There are no User CP to adjust in our smartphones?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Test

Anyone can test this: Just grab your tablet, or smartphone (Android or iPhone), and check WBF to see if the last post is the same time as your cell phone or portable tablet. ...Maybe not exactly the same time but it should be close by a minute or few...depending. ...And not by an hour.

Please verify and report.

And by the way, I am not registered on my smartphone to any sites; it is strictly to read, not to post.
And the time was always right before, but today it is not right anymore, by one hour (ahead); I just don't know what's going on and that's why I am posting it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How do you make your phone sync with your laptop? ...It's Wi-Fi and sync with your modem?
I don't sync them. The time on the phone comes from the phone company. When I said they are in "sync" I meant that if I look at a post, the time shown is the same in browsers in both. And the time is a close match of both on either platform. In other words, I don't see the issue you are seeing which seems to be related to effect of PST/PDT.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't sync them. The time on the phone comes from the phone company. When I said they are in "sync" I meant that if I look at a post, the time shown is the same in browsers in both. And the time is a close match of both on either platform. In other words, I don't see the issue you are seeing which seems to be related to effect of PST/PDT.

I understand. The sync is from the USB port, to transfer pictures, etc. ...Google apps, etc.
The time is off by one hour perhaps because my location is off too? But it has always been off, and the time used to be right (from the posts).
I must have touched something accidentally very recently; I just don't know what.

My Android always asks me to upgrade to Kit-Kat 4:4:4 but I don't wan't to (my camera would lose its quality), and that won't resolve the issue anyway.
One new other thing that I noticed too, not here @ WBF though, but @ other sites; more annoying advertising...it's like an epidemic.

Having a cell phone is like losing your privacy; advertisers they know where you've been... And the same with PCs and tablets.
I could go further with this but I won't; I need a three-day break to reflect and pray for all who suffer right now.
I can live with one hour difference with websites from my phone.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing