Legacy Audio at AXPONA, never seemed right to me

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I have been to all 3 AXPONA shows in Chicago, and have always felt the speakers in the Legacy Audio room never seemed quite right. Did they just not get the acoustics right all three times, or is it just me? I always try to visit their rooms as they seem to use a lot of various technologies for their speakers, but for some reason I never thought they sounded as good as they should. Not engaging to me, but nothing specific I could point to.

I never thought they sounded bad, like a pair of Tannoy's I heard playing a song from Queen with a lot of high frequency electric guitar. They sounded very distorted, in fact it cleared out a room of at least six people.

At the 2015 show my favorite speaker by far was the Perferfect Storm by Vapor Audio. Next was the Martin Logan Neoliths, YG Carmels, Raidho, Audio Note.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing