Ypsilon owners cable choices

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Ypsilon owners, I really like learn which cables did you try with your ypsilon gears and what reaction you had experienced. I am planning to change my cables and a little chance for demo. Your findgs will be appreciated....

4music

Apr 15, 2013
Ypsilon owners, I really like learn which cables did you try with your ypsilon gears and what reaction you had experienced. I am planning to change my cables and a little chance for demo. Your findgs will be appreciated....
I am using Jorma Origo (CD to Pre) and Jorma Prime (Pre to Aelius) and Jorma Origo (Aelius to speakers). Best cable choice so far for me. Tried the Ansuz D and the Audience 24SE both excellent choices. Ypsilon are voiced with a more transparent mid and highs so you want to avoid perfectly neutral cables (Nordost type). The signal within the pre and amps is silver, so Kimber Select might also be a good choice.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I am using Jorma Origo (CD to Pre) and Jorma Prime (Pre to Aelius) and Jorma Origo (Aelius to speakers). Best cable choice so far for me. Tried the Ansuz D and the Audience 24SE both excellent choices. Ypsilon are voiced with a more transparent mid and highs so you want to avoid perfectly neutral cables (Nordost type). The signal within the pre and amps is silver, so Kimber Select might also be a good choice.

I am planning to buy the ypsilon aelius 2 could you please tell me the sound signature of the amp compared to any other premium amp you have heard

squasher

Apr 7, 2016
I own Ypsilon Aelius Mark II (silver edition) monoblocks and connect to it with Taralabs Zero Gold interconnects and Nordost Valhalla speaker cables.

I'm not sure why the previous poster recommends against using Nordost cables. I've also used Nordost Valhalla interconnects with it and have been very pleased with the results.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
cable

I talked to Demetris he recommends cable from Analog tools from germany if you want them I can direct you to them their web site is not so informative but their cables with the Aelius is to be behold

squasher

Apr 7, 2016
Yes, please send more info on "Analog Tools from Germany". I found one site that fits your description (http://www.analog-tools.de/) but want to confirm that this is the same company that Demetris recommends.

Any idea on their prices?

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Yes, please send more info on "Analog Tools from Germany". I found one site that fits your description (http://www.analog-tools.de/) but want to confirm that this is the same company that Demetris recommends.

Any idea on their prices?

Yes this is the same company they hand build their cables if you are using the Aelius then I would recommend the reference line they are not very expensive I represent them so if you need their cables you can ask me and I shall arrange it for you what are the cables you use at present and what is your setup.FYI the cables are awesome and can beat many high priced cable in terms of performance I am using the complete loom in my personal setup.The best thing about these cables is they do not add or substract anything they are very musical.Could you tell me where are you from.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012

Just blindfold and use the Analog tools cables you will never change them once you hear them.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
This question will naturally generate a broad range of suggestions and candidates :)

We've got great results with Echole and Crystal Cable in our showrooms in Stockholm partnered with the excellent Ypsilon electronics. You might want to add these to your list of alternatives. The new SX-series from Audience is also very, very good and among the highest value today.

The only real way forward though is to listen and learn within the context of your own system.

/ Marcus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing