Lamm owners- still in love with your amps/preamps?

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Have heard the Lamm gear over the years and admired its un assuming humble exterior and their seductive true- to- life sound.... was wondering how current and past owners of the lamm still feel about the gear?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Have heard the Lamm gear over the years and admired its un assuming humble exterior and their seductive true- to- life sound.... was wondering how current and past owners of the lamm still feel about the gear?

Just my $0.02 but I have used Lamm exclusively for the past 10 years and love it. I wouldn't own anything else. Vlad is a magician in the midrange and everything above and below

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
17 years on Lamm is the only high-end electronics brand I listen to and our company represents almost exclusively. I still have the first Lamm amp the ML2 I bought in 1998 and listen to it regularly, Music doesn't get old!
david

Reactions: rich121

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
would love to hear Lamm someday...definitely on the audio to do list.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,

I love Lamm,built like a tank,sounds tremendous.I wish all of my life was this easy to choose.
Some new updates coming at CES.

Robert

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi,

I love Lamm,built like a tank,sounds tremendous.I wish all of my life was this easy to choose.
Some new updates coming at CES.

Robert

Robert, I noticed you are a dealer for Lamm and also CAT. Could you give me a comparison as to the two..... Lamm's strengths and weaknesses and CAT's strengths and weaknesses. Have you matched CAT and Lamm? What speakers are you using with this gear?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am not a current or a past owner and so excuse my reply, but if I ever switched to high sensitivity speakers I would get Lamm without bothering to listen to anything else.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am not a current or a past owner and so excuse my reply, but if I ever switched to high sensitivity speakers I would get Lamm without bothering to listen to anything else.

i very nearly did that with my big Wilsons...Zanden/Wavac monos being the only others i was considering...and i did consider a blind purchase of the venerable ML 2s or 2.2s. It was simply the beauty AND long term flexibility of the Gryphon's 160 pure Class A watts that induced me to stay with Gryphon.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
You're forgetting about Lamm's Pure Class A M1.2 & Class A/B M2.2 hybrid amplifiers that can drive almost any speaker on the planet and the same special Lamm sound quality :)!

david

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Quite correct...yes...thank you. At the time, i was supremely happy with my old Gryphon Antileon but it was aging and repairs were becoming an issue...and it came down to the Colosseum (a known quantity for me) or an SET 'blind'...the ML 2 or 2.2s SETs. Just because of its near universal acclaim, i nearly did go with the 2.2s particularly with the friendly, wise and ever-helpful advice at that time of Steve Williams and JackD201.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Robert, I noticed you are a dealer for Lamm and also CAT. Could you give me a comparison as to the two..... Lamm's strengths and weaknesses and CAT's strengths and weaknesses. Have you matched CAT and Lamm? What speakers are you using with this gear?

would also love to read a balanced comparison from someone who evidently knows them well.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I still long for the Lamm M1.2 reference amps. One day I will......

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

that's a little hyperbole don't you think? do you really think no other gear is in its league?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing