Has anyone here tried Lavardin cables (and other cables) with Lavardin amps

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Dear All
I am thinking of getting some Lavardin cables to use with my IT amp. Have any of you got the speaker cables? have you compared them with other cables.

The next question is have any of you tried other cables:
- Tellerium
- Townshend
- Chord Signature
- Audience
- Nordost
- Transparent
- Cardas
- Yter

I am using my DNM cables - and have made some DIY cables using microwave cables (UBYTE 2 from TNT audio site)

I am also considering making some cables up from silver wire - but would rather buy some good cables.

thanks

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I had the LAVARDIN IT and later the pre62 with AP 150.

I found they worked best with Lavardin power cable, interconnects and speaker cable. in particular I found then interconnects fragile especially when removing.
compared to harmonic technology, acoustic system international liveline and others I cannot remember.
However to experience the magic of Lavardin one must use Lavardin cables....truly magical.

Last edited:

Ålanb

Aug 23, 2014
Totally agree. I have had IS Reference, IT and IT-15 and tried various cables but Lavardin's own sounded best to my ears.
The interconnects used to to have very fragile connectors but the new interconnects are much hetter made. There is a 'but' though.
They don't sound anywhere near as good. Got some WBT's put on the old interconnects and fine.

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Welllll........

Totally agree. I have had IS Reference, IT and IT-15 and tried various cables but Lavardin's own sounded best to my ears.
The interconnects used to to have very fragile connectors but the new interconnects are much hetter made. There is a 'but' though.
They don't sound anywhere near as good. Got some WBT's put on the old interconnects and fine.

Hi guys

I have an original Lavardin Interconnect - it is superb.
I ended up getting some Nordost Heimdall Speaker cables - what a difference - I also got a seperate mains to the hifi as well - just need some time to listen...

Lavardin speaker cables come in a length that is either too short, or too long for my room - hmmph:mad:

I just need to complete my turntable project

take care

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing